Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have a problem with z-order and vol/rpice bars

Hi,

I still have a problem in the release version with the standard vol indicator plotted in the same price panel as the price overlapping the price and not being able to set the price bars to the front using the wheel mouse method. See attached. Template attached so you can test. The same method works OK on most my other windows.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

What happens when you attempt to change the Z-order on the chart? To do this, click the Vol indicator to select it. Once selected, hold down Shift on your Keyboard and scroll up or down using the mouse scroll wheel.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Nothing. I'm familiar with this operation - I use it quite often on other more complex charts, but for some reason, these small ones with just vol and price, it does not work. I do get the '1 of 1, 1 of 2', display up and I do have a single other (the built in PP) indicator which is does move the vol behind, but no matter if I choose price or vol and use the shift-wheel, VOL always is on top of price, meaning you cannot see it.
      Last edited by pjsmith; 12-05-2016, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20161205.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Just to confirm, this issue still exists with the latest release version I guess if it was working on your internal version, this fix did not make it into the latest release?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

We have not yet received your files to investigate this matter further. I'm happy to check into this item with you further, could you please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com?

Please attach today's trace files, which will be named 'trace.20170117.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for posting.

We have not yet received your files to investigate this matter further. I'm happy to check into this item with you further, could you please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com?

Please attach today's trace files, which will be named 'trace.20170117.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
              Hi - Perhaps this is mixed with another thread for the same fault, but I did support the files including a template. They tested it and replicated the fault, but saidd it did not happen on the 'internal' build and to please try on the next release. Now that the new release is out, I can confirm the fault still exists. I will respond to the original email also if I still have it

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I was not able to replicate this on the latest release of the platform.

Does the "Level 1 of 2" or "Level 2 of 2" message appear when attempting to adjust the z-order?

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

More information on taking screenshots can be found at the below link:

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Mizzouman1  
                Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                1 response
                0 likes