Connecting To Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting To Playback

Connecting to Playback Changes the fixed scaling on all my charts.

Whats up with that ?

Hello Jerry,

This appears to be the same question as posted in the thread linked below.

Is this a different behavior you are experiencing?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a behavior that I had not noticed before, probably because of the
      other issues.

Comment

See how the scale changed on the attached before and after connecting to Playback.
        Fixed scale, Center Price is selected.

This is repeatable by cycling between connected to Data Feed and adjusting my normal scale and then disconnecting and connecting to playback. When the chart first appears in playback it is scaled normal then several seconds later it Scrunches down.

Jerry
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jerry,

I've done some testing to see if I can reproduce this behavior.

Below is a link to a video of this test.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

First, may I confirm I am testing correctly?

Then I want you to ensure you are on 8.0.2.0. If you are then reinstall.

Open NinjaTrader and close all workspaces. Open a single chart and then test for the behavior the same as I have in the video.
          Let me know if with the same steps, you get different behavior.

Comment

This forum post was pre- R2. I have not tested since. I will watch your video and
            retest.

Comment

My setup was Fixed Scale and Centering. No Autoscale , with no indicators, cycling back and forth the scale changed back and forth each time.

I will retest with R2 after market.
              Last edited by JerryWar; 12-07-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Hello Jerry,

Please replay this video starting at 00:10 (10 seconds) in.

Is the Center on price scale not the option you are referring to?

Fast forward to 01:28 (1 minute 28 seconds) in.

Is this correct in putting the chart in a fixed scaling?

Can you clarify which step I have omitted or which option you are wanting me to enable?

Comment

You have it correct , I just tested with R2 and It still does it. I also noticed some other flakiness. Check out the attached picture. I haven't started playback just connected to it.
                  and the date Range on the chart doesn't agree with the Playbacks date. So I went ahead and tested with it. This time I am seeing it Change the scale after I disconnect from my broker feed after cycling thru playback connect/disconnect. You must wait after connecting to Playback at least 10 seconds or so It had not finished doing its thing if you disconnect too quickly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jerry,

I'm not quite understanding what you would like me to do.

Are you asking me to retest and wait about 10 second each time i connect before disconnecting?

Before the playback starts, the chart will load historical data. Is there historical tick data for 12/3 and 12/4 downloaded before the playback starts?

Comment

That is exactly what I am suggesting 10-15 seconds. And if you cannot reproduce it I will test again this evening with a fresh download and install.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
                        and the date Range on the chart doesn't agree with the Playbacks date.
                        This hasn't done what you expect for many betas now.

I think it was when the tick replay went out of control when connecting to Playback.

We only get the last week for now.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello Jerry,

I'm not quite understanding what you would like me to do.

Are you asking me to retest and wait about 10 second each time i connect before disconnecting?

Before the playback starts, the chart will load historical data. Is there historical tick data for 12/3 and 12/4 downloaded before the playback starts?
                          So this morning, I connected to playback to do some testing. So let me outline the issues.

1) I was totally confused as to what Day ? I was looking at when I connected. All My chart ranges were telling me one thing and Playback was telling me another. So I pulled up the Data Box to get a third opinion.

2) But now I was mildly curious because my the Fixed Ranges on my charts had not changed. So I waited to make sure and then did a GoTo to get to a Day I wanted to Replay. That ended my curiosity as the Fixed Ranges were scrunched down by Playback.
                          Usually it just has to cycle between Broker connection and Playback to generate a change to my scaling.

Comment

Hello Jerry,

I have taken some time to create a new video doing the same test but pausing for 10 seconds before connecting or disconnecting.
                            Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I'm finding this makes no difference.

Please let me know if you would like to continue troubleshooting by following the steps I have previously outlined.

Comment

Chelsea
                              First, the only difference I see is that I deselect Autoscale and select Center Scale in the Data setup. Second I just tried it again numerous times and I was unable to reproduce this, then I decided to do some other things like a GoTo in Playback , something that is usually done. Then after another cycle to Broker connection it did it. I am not saying that is the exact thing that does it. But I know I am always able to repeat it. The scale jump compressed the scale in Half. I appreciate all your time on this. But while it is a royal pain it is not of the magnitude of some of my other issues with NT8. I am going to put this into the background until I do more Playback testing. I will try and develop a sequence everytime in and out that is definitely repeatable and get back to you at that point.

Thanks
                              Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM