Unaccepatable Behavior on Ninja Traders Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unaccepatable Behavior on Ninja Traders Part

What right does Ninja Trader have to do blatant marketing in prime trading hours when this marketing causes NT8 to be unresponsive until the announce is acknowledged.

This morning I was in the middle of a trade when this came up and the platform was non-responsive.

it took me a minute to realize what the issue was. I clicked on the announcement and NT8 remained unresponsive I had to use Task Manager to exit the program.

I take great offense at the lack of consideration for what damage these non time sensitive announcement can do.

This needs to stop, what is so important that the operation of the platform can be halted until the user acknowledges the pop up ad.
    Attached Files

I second that, I too was caught in a trade when my Dom became unresponsive because of the same event. I have lobbied for a long time that any messages, Error messages included should not take focus away from the Dom.

J~

Comment

James,

Point well taken, although NT7 and NT8 both display a modal dialog (dialog which must be clicked before you can continue) for the in product announcement message I feel we could look into options to make the experience less jarring here. I'll look into options on our product side as well as sync up with internal teams on timing of such non-critical in product announcements.

-Brett

Comment

Simply stop the pop-up practice and send email blasts to all clients instead. No more platform interruptions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          James,

Point well taken, although NT7 and NT8 both display a modal dialog (dialog which must be clicked before you can continue) for the in product announcement message I feel we could look into options to make the experience less jarring here. I'll look into options on our product side as well as sync up with internal teams on timing of such non-critical in product announcements.

-Brett
          Brett - Ran a replay over night and it wasn't finished before I left this morning.

I returned home - I dismissed 1 of these $300 off lifetime messages today, and there was another one or several more behind it. I opened some other windows (web browsers) and come back to NT to view my results. It's locked up.

I *suspect* the modal window is now behind my ^VIX chart in NT8. I can't minimize the ^VIX chart or move it (or any NT8 charts/etc), I'm going to have to END TASK NT8.

And I don't see it as a window I can navigate to for dismissal.

I don't have 100% proof of this yet.

I'll restart NT8, wait for a popup, bring ^VIX forward if I can, and see if it blocks it for sure.

Unless it was the case in the original post: "I clicked on the announcement and NT8 remained unresponsive I had to use Task Manager to exit the program."

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post
            Simply stop the pop-up practice and send email blasts to all clients instead. No more platform interruptions.
            Well, some are necessary such as "Get off of ZenFire now!"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes