Collapse

Announcement popup memory leak leaves NT unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are tracking the behavior of In Product Announcements (IPAs) and what it is causing for different users.Could you both send me your log and trace files along with a brief summary of when this most recently occurred (I realize there is a lot of detail here as well).

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1616299 ATTN Patrick G and include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Resolved?

Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I received a Product Announcement popup today while away, and there was no unusual memory behavior, it didn't freeze NT8, and it cleared right away after only one occurrence.

Seems like you located the issue, if so - good job - much appreciated!

Comment

Let's get a confirmation from NinjaTrader engineering that this is confirmed fixed before celebrating!

Comment

I have cleared this message checking the box three times since reinstalling and I still got the message again today. So it is not fixed.

Comment

Maybe I jumped the gun... but this is the first time in several months where a popup didn't cause a crash.

However, there was a difference this time for me - and that is I didn't have my second PC also running NT8 today, which I usually do. So if this still is a problem, then that could be one more clue to what is causing it.

Do others having this issue have more than one PC running NT8 when it occurs?

Comment

I was locked up on the $300 off offer but only had 1 of those popups. I was able to get trade performance to work.

The other day when I cleared out the popups, there were 3 or 4 different ones.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
              31 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian