Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorDe scriptionCust

Hi,

When upgrading, NT fails to load for me. I get an error stating it could not compile custom assemblies. The issue however is with a system indicator. This happened on the release version and the update I just installed, which must have re-installed the indicator. I solve it by exiting NT and actually deleting the indicator (as nt will not let you delete or exclude a 'system' indicator from compilation internally). Fortunately this indicator is just a sample, so no ill effect, but if you are distributing this, perhaps better to exclude it?

Description = NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorDe scriptionCustomPlotSample;

The above line in the customplot example is what is disliked by the compiler.

On another note, the last release fixed some issues for me including the historical plotting of indicators on tick replay data
    Last edited by pjsmith; 12-06-2016, 01:31 AM.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Can you attach your '@CustomPlotSample.cs' from Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\indicators to your response?

Comment

Hi,

No, because per the post, I deleted it But, I had already deleted it before as I had the same problem on release of nt8. It came back when I installed the 8.02, just released, so it's the one from that distribution. I just deleted it again to solve the issue (removed the file directly from the indicators folder as NT won't let you do this from the editing due to it being a 'system' indicator). Given it's only a sample, I don't need it, but I wonder if it messes others up too.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your notes on this matter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses
        1 view