Can Not Drag Drawings in Indicator Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Not Drag Drawings in Indicator Panel

Whether I use NT8 internal indicators (such as RSI), or my own custom indicators, I can not click and drag drawings on the indicator panel like was possible in NT7. An example for the internal RSI indicator is attached below.

Once the circle is placed, you can not click and drag it along the axes. (To be clear you can make the ellipse wider or narrower, taller or shorter; but you can not grab the circle by it's handles and move it in the indicator panel as a circle.)

Once the arrow is placed, you can not click and drag it to new locations.

However, once placed, the "Can not drag circle" text is able to be relocated. Why are the different drawings acting differently, and what can be done to re-establish the NT7 functionality that one could click & drag a drawing in the indicator panel?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Attached Files

Hello Joe_T,

Thanks for your post.

This was identified as a bug under NT8-10772, "Could not move draw objects in indicator panel" in 8.0.1.0. Please update to 8.0.2.0 and test again or verify if you are currently using 8.0.2.0 and still experiencing this.

Thank-you
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. That worked. Although you should know after using NT 8.0.1.0 this morning, I tried to do a regular Windows 10, clean uninstall of the NT 8.0.1.0 (even though not required before the updating), and Windows 10 would not allow it. I had to install NT 8.0.2.0 over the old version. That went acceptably, but I haven't tested if this version can be cleanly uninstalled or not.

Comment

Hi Joe_T,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad that updating to 8.0.2.0 resolved the inability to move draw objects in the indicator panels.

The inability to uninstall is a windows issue that can be corrected using the microsoft fixit tool, here is a link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...led-or-removed
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes