Need help with E-Signal connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with E-Signal connection

I have changed my data vendor and took a subscription with E-Signal ( Interactive data ).

I have problems getting charts and data. I have downloaded E-Signal and configure it in NinjaTrader 8. It is green and functional but charts are no good.

Would appreciate a remote access help so that I can at least get my charts working ...

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd be happy to schedule a remote support session with you to look into this. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Please put a link to this forum post in the body of the email and note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by blar58 View Post
      I have changed my data vendor and took a subscription with E-Signal ( Interactive data ).

I have problems getting charts and data. I have downloaded E-Signal and configure it in NinjaTrader 8. It is green and functional but charts are no good.

Would appreciate a remote access help so that I can at least get my charts working ...

Thank you

I will be very interested to see if you can get eSignal working properly with NT8. I went down this path some months ago in order to get data for the Osaka based Nikkei emini and found that level II data did not work for this contract in either NT7 or NT8. This was subsequently confirmed in an email from NinjaTrader. Level II data from eSignal does however work for some of the US based markets according to NinjaTrader.
      With NT8(beta version) I was never able to eSignal functioning satisfactorily on volume charts or in tick replay mode on the nikkei contract. Even trying to display simple volume on a time based chart sometimes caused problems. It also appeared that the eSignal feed didn't support typical historical bid/ask data that one sees from a CQG or Continuum type feed. After much correspondence with NT support and literally dozens of hours or my time I gave up on using eSignal Osaka data into NT8 and cancelled my subscription.
      You do need to check that you are using the appropriate version of eSignal as NT7 and NT8 require different versions. Also if you have subscribed to eSignal's data only option I found that you still need to install their full program and not just their data manager application. Unfortunately eSignal initially told me to use their data manager program and sent me the link. I was never able to get that to work and had to download the full eSignal versions as recommended in NT's connection guides.

eSignal don't appear to have much understanding about how to connect their data to NinjaTrader and happily sold me a level II Osaka subscription which at the time neither I nor NinjaTrader could make it function. I even loaned my eSignal log in details to NT support but they were still unable to get level II to work.

With NT7 I was able to load level I eSignal Osaka data and get all charts to load correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920