X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawings erased by Playback

Steps:

• Draw horizontal lines during a normal session
    • Next connect to Playback (lines are erased, not desired)
    • Draw lines during the Playback session
    • Go back to ealier time in Playback
    • Lines drawn during Playback Session are erased (not desired)

Desired behavior is that PlayBack does not erase any lines. It is desired that changes are not saved after the Playback session

Hello marcel-nl,

If you save the workspace, it will save the drawing objects you have applied in charts. Before you connect to the Playback connection, please save the workspace to save the drawing objects.

Unfortunately they will still disappear once you connect to the Playback connection. This is as expected as well as drawing objects being erased after going back in time. I will forward the suggestion to not erase them in these situations to development.

Once you are finished with the Playback connection and you connect to your data feed/broker, you should see the drawing objects from before using the Playback connection, providing you saved the workspace before using the Playback connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello marcel-nl,

If you save the workspace, it will save the drawing objects you have applied in charts. Before you connect to the Playback connection, please save the workspace to save the drawing objects.

Once you are finished with the Playback connection and you connect to your data feed/broker, you should see the drawing objects from before using the Playback connection, providing you saved the workspace before using the Playback connection.
      It does not work for me as described. The drawing objects are erased from my saved workspace

Regards, Marcel

Comment

The suggestion to not erase drawing objects when connecting to the Playback connection and going back in time has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-1785.

You are correct. Unfortunately this will remove the drawing objects as well. I recommend to use a separate workspace for the Playback connection. When you connect to the Playback connection, please close your current workspace that is used when you connect to your data feed/broker. Create a new workspace that is solely used for Playback. Please only have this workspace opened and close all others. Once finished with the Playback connection, please close the workspace and use your other workspaces.

Comment

Hi there Jason, I have a couple of questions about this

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          The suggestion to not erase drawing objects when connecting to the Playback connection and going back in time has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-1785.
          Is there an update on SFT-1785?

Unfortunately this will remove the drawing objects as well. I recommend to use a separate workspace for the Playback connection. When you connect to the Playback connection, please close your current workspace that is used when you connect to your data feed/broker. Create a new workspace that is solely used for Playback. Please only have this workspace opened and close all others. Once finished with the Playback connection, please close the workspace and use your other workspaces.
          What issue does the recommendation above aim to solve?

Thank you

Comment

The suggestion is still on the list of possible future enhancements. Unfortunately I do not have information if or when this suggestion will be implemented.

When you close your workspace, you will be prompted to save the workspace. This will avoid losing drawing objects. If you use the same workspace and not save the workspace, then connect to the Market Replay, drawing objects will be lost.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes