Radar Screen from Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar Screen from Tradestation

Can you monitor 1000 stocks and automate trading like you can with Tradestation Radar Screen?

Hello Alikair,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can monitor stocks with NinjaTrader using the Market Analyzer window, however the number of stocks that you could monitor at one time depends on your Modem, CPU and Data Provider.

I would recommended you check with your Data Provider first to see how many instruments (Symbols) you could view simultaneously.

Yes, NinjaTrader is also capable of doing Automated Trading. I've provided a link below that can give you more information on this.

http://ninjatrader.com/Trade

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I currently use tradestation and have no problem with 1000 symbols with radar.
      I am interested in downloading the software and testing it out.

During the download process it ask me about free data feed but only listed futures and forex. Does this mean there is no free equities data?

Comment

Hello Alikair,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no free live data connection for equities. There is a free End Of Day data connection for Kinetick built into the platform however this can only be used for End Of Day daily, Weekly and Monthly charts.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But can you add your own indicators (columns) and run automated trading directly from the market analyzer like you can with TradeStation's RadarScreen? With TS's RadarScreen I can trade up to 1000 stocks fully automated via custom "indicator-strategies" in the RadarScreen. Can I do this same type of thing with NinjaTrader?
          Last edited by vjsworld; 02-17-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Hello vjsworld,

It is possible to create specially written indicators that place orders using the Addon approach and add these as indicator columns to the Market Analyzer.

These would not be the same as NinjaScript Strategies. There wouldn't be a strategy position.

Below is a public link to the help guide on placing orders through the Addon approach.

The limit to the number of simultaneous instruments that can receive data will be controlled by the data provider or broker connection that you are connected to.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes