Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JellySkater View Post
    ++++
    Tried to reload software: re-used the NT8 Installer.; It says I have a newer version, Help/About reports 8.01. Per some messages on this broad, 8.02 is out. How do I make sure I'm current?

In news and announcements or at the website.

New & Announcements:

Comment

I am no longer able to run market replay.

What happened - Brought laptop out of hibernation.

Removed strategy. RESET SLIDER to start.

Added CurrentDayOHLC to 600 tick chart.

At some point, noticed playback dialog was unresponsive.

END TASK NT8.0.2.0.

Restart. Any attempt to connect to Playback ends up with an unresponsive Playback Controller. (Tried 2 times already).

Image:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Log and Trace look normal.

--------
      update:
      reboot win10. Same thing.
      Ran 8.0.2.0 repair. Same thing.

Remove 8.0.2.0. Installed 8.0.1.0.
      Deleted .sdf
      Playback worked.

Ran 8.0.2.0 installer and upgraded back.
      Connected to Playback. Success.

I'm going to try to lock it up again by resetting the slider. Once it does this lockup even after restart - I'll try to delete the .sdf first before downgrading.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sledge; 12-28-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome to my world Sledge!!

Comment

Add'l Info Trail run MR--msg15

Started fresh today: new workspace, closed other workspace; new 1min chart of ES 03-17. Set end date to 12-27 because I had not updated MR History. Then started Playback connections. Chart did not update. I have experienced this before; that MR continues to fail after a failure.

Then for the heck of it: deleted the chart and created the chart after connecting to Playback; 1min 6E (changed symbol as well); replay worked. Changed symbol to NQ; replay worked. Changed symbol to ES, still without indicators; repplay worked. Added my template of indicators, one of which is custom SMIAMB. Replay worked.

Is it possible that starting the chart before starting PB makes the deference?

+++++
          I feel for you Sledge. It is extremely frustrating; when trying to help, your system crashes. I hope it was not my custom indicator. It was written by an experienced programmer at futures.io.

Comment

Try moving the slider or right-clicking the MR dialog and using GoTo to back up the time frame. That's what jacks it up.

I looked at your indicator and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't run in the market replay, or cause anything to hang.

Chelsea had me remove all my workspaces and start fresh that way, which worked. But the second I tried to rewind the market replay, it hung again. I found that after redoing my workspaces, I was able to debug my strategy in Visual Studio by restarting Ninjatrader after I tried to rewind and reloading everything and running it to the point where the error in my code occurred. After awhile, I didn't even try to rewind, because it hangs every time. I just restarted Ninja and did it like that. It takes twice as long but that's all I could figure out. At least I could figure out something.
            Last edited by traderpards; 12-29-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

MR Trail Runs

Originally posted by traderpards View Post
              Try moving the slider or right-clicking the MR dialog and using GoTo to back up the time frame. That's what jacks it up.
              Traderpards is correct, changes of date range jacks it up. One thing I found, is the Start Date setting in Data Series stays on an earlier date. This is when the chart appears to not be updating. During the learning, the setting / coordnation of dates is not discussed. This is a question I still have.

From my limited experience, something is getting stuck in a memory, maybe a disk cache. Because fresh restart of NT8 and fresh workspace; MR works on clean chart and all default settings. I have been able to load my chart template on a tick chart and it worked. It still fails when date range is manipulated.

I think that I have ruled out corrupt stored MR data. Have used different symbols and reused symbols and get same results, works and fails.

Another question is the default Playback Current Day Only. Have started PB on various dates with and without changing this setting. What good is it? It is a nuisance for me, I'm training and always want to start well before today.

Another question: Is there a guideline for the amount of backdata and the length of replay periods. Do I exceed some limit by setting up to replay a year of data? What about different period of history, say all of 2014?

Comment

Thank you for everyone's reports on this.

For JellySkater and sledge, if you have not already please send over your log and trace files by going to Help > Email Support. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread.

I am currently working with traderpards' code and am exploring other items as well. Your additional information will be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Comment

Market Replay works in NT 8..03

Loaded NT 8.03 yesterday and ran playbacks on NQ 03-17 and NQ 12-16. Playback range was like three months on NQ 12-16 and to Dec 23 on NQ 03-17. Stop, started, and reset the playback. Had about 8 indicators on charts. It worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh