Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Issue - Unhandled Exception error crashing NT

Hi

I have noticed today that my memory usage with Ninja is incredibly high - even when nothing is open.

At first I had 2 charts open (CL 3 min, ES 5 range), no indicators and only 2 days of data loaded but NT was somehow using 1GB of RAM.

Even when I run NT with no charts open, it still uses over 1GB of RAM and is producing these weird memory related error messages.

As you can see in the image, NT is using over 1GB of RAM but I have NO charts open. I'm not even connected to data.

I have restarted my PC several times but that hasn't fixed it.

As soon as I open NT, the memory almost immediately climbs to 1GB and then a few seconds later I get the following error message:

Unhandled exception: The previous newly realized generated element was not added to the visual tree by calling either the RecyclingItemsPanel's AddInternalChild or InsertInternalChild method.
    Shortly after this error message pops up, NT crashes.

There have been a few other error messages related to memory that have caused NT to crash today. I have included the log files for every time NT has crashed (I put them all in one file).

I have 16GB RAM on my system so I don't know why I keep getting these errors.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sberry; 12-11-2016, 01:11 AM.

Interesting...

Are all your other workspaces closed? *note - opening a workspace doesn't close the previous one, and you'll see the 2nd workspace window is colored to show it is behind the main workspace window in workspaces.

Just also to confirm - you are not using a VM?

And your video drivers are up to date from Nvidia or AMD?

Comment

Hi Sledge

Yes, I don't even have any workspaces saved at all - I deleted them

No, I'm running it through my PC, no VM

Video drivers are up to date

NT was working fine for the last 2 months until a few hours ago

I'm assuming if I reinstall NT, the issue will be fixed but I want support to take a look at it just in case there is a bug

Comment

Ok, I think I just fixed the issue.

Because of another issue I'm having with NT regarding the tick replay/break at EOD, my log files are almost 4.5GB in size (these log files were created in the last 6 hours)

As soon as I deleted them, NT is now working fine - the error messages are gone and memory is back to normal

I guess the lesson is, check your log files to make sure NT is not running slow

Comment

Hello sberry,

Thank you for updating this thread and letting us know you were able to find the cause of the behavior.

Log files do have to be read into memory (to show in the Log tab of the Control Center and so that NinjaTrader can continue writing to these).

A large log can cause the NinjaTrader process to run out of the memory allowed for an object.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How did you delete the files? I am also having ram issues.

Comment

Go to Documents\Ninjatrader 8\log and delete all the files in that folder

Comment

Originally posted by FXMIKE View Post
                How did you delete the files? I am also having ram issues.

Go into the log and trace folders in My Documents\NT 8\ and find the files for the current day.

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to only load the tail of the log file instead of loading the entire thing into memory? Seems like development could better optimize this algo, as loading the logs should never consume all of the memory.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Davidtowleii