Alerts and Tick Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts and Tick Count

I was hoping to set up a simple Alert that sends a sound when the Tick Count reaches a value of 1900 on a 2000 tick chart.

However, when you look at the Indicators available in the Alert panel, the Tick Count does not appear. So, I'm trying to find out if this is by design, or should the Tick Count be available through Alerts?

Hello scrumbeans,

The Alerts window is able to use plots that are set by indicators. The bar timer and tick counter indicators do not use plots. These type of indicators that do not use plots cannot be used in the Alerts window, or in the Strategy Builder.

For something like this, you would need to custom code an indicator that counts ticks and triggers the alert, or sets the tick count to an indicator plot so this can be read from the Alerts window.

Please let know if you would like further information about custom coding a NinjaScript Indicator.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NT team!
      I am currently trying to do what's discussed in this thread. Could you guide me on how to set up custom code to get an alert each time my Tick counter reaches value 0? Thank you!

Zack

Comment

Hello kuokzhiqiang,

Thank you for your post.

You'll need to set up custom code for a tick counter. You can take a look at the code for the built in TickCounter indicator in the platform if you would like sample code of a tick counter. There is also a tick counter indicator in the user app share:

Tick counter modified to allow: Place text in any corner. Full control of text font, size and style. Alert level will change text color and background for visual feedback, can adjust the colors Option to play sound once per bar when alert level crossed Sound file can be selected Only works on Tick bars or […]

When your tick counter reaches 0, you can use Alert() in your script to trigger an alert.

I also suggest taking a look at this article that goes over getting started with NinjaScript:

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes