Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jessica,

Old issue re-appeared
    Thanks for helping with this thread earlier. Unfortunately, the bug has now re-appeared. In NT 8.0.5.2 user bar widths settings are not retained upon re-connection or restart. In other words, the problem has been resolved earlier, but re-introduced in subsequent releases.

Again, I have observed this on two PCs with different OSs / DirectXs.

Could you please confirm this / report to the dev team?

New issue
    There is a new potentially related issue, which I assume can also be dealt with here. This also applies to charts combining time-based and tick-based bars (ie, the type of charts as we discussed in this thread previously) - in these charts, all applied indicators (and, to be clear, saved with the workspace) disappear if NT is re-started. In other words, upon NT restart a multi-frame chart only carries primary and secondary series and no indicators.

Indicators can be re-applied and the workspace can be then saved, however, upon NT restart, the behaviour repeats itself (ie, indicators will often disappear).

This issue appears to be intermittent but fairly persistent (let's say it occurs in 3 out of 5 NT re-starts). I confirmed it on two different PCs. Trace and log files are clear of any errors which could cause this. I could post a video to show this, but I am not sure if this in itself is helpful in any way. Could you please test this and let me know if you managed to re-produce?

Regards,
    Roman

Comment

Dear NT team,

Anyone had time to look into this? Any feedback?

Regards,
      Roman

Comment

We appreciate your patience. I have returned to the office. I am looking into this now. I will return with my findings.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by roman_ch View Post
          Old issue re-appeared
          This is not happening in a pre-release version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if this continues into the next release.

Originally posted by roman_ch View Post
          New issue
          Please send screen shots of your chart's data series (ctrl + f) and indicator (ctrl + i) screens. Please also ensure you are only using built-in indicators to make this happen.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          Click here for instructions
          Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Thank you, Jessica,

Is there an ETA on the next release?

Regards,
            Roman

Comment

While we do not have a release schedule you are encouraged to review the release notes page to keep up with NinjaTrader's development.

I realize your time is valuable. I am trying to see if I can cause the new behavior on my end in an environment I can control. Any information you can give me will help. Thank you once again for helping to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello roman_ch, and thank you for your report.

This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: 11493

E. This has stopped happening in a pre-release version of NinjaTrader. I am attaching a workspace that can be used for testing purposes. Please let us know if this continues into the next release of NinjaTrader.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jessica,

Thanks for your / team's help with these. Using the terms introduced earlier in the thread, the "new" problem (disappearing indicators) has been resolved in NT 8.0.6. However, the "old" one, where the primary bar widths would change upon data reload/reconnection, remains.

So:
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                  This is not happening in a pre-release version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if this continues into the next release.

Yes, it continues into 8.0.6.

Regards,
                  Roman

Comment

With regard to chart scaling,

This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Tracking ID: NTEIGHT-11593

Comment

After more careful review, we were able to see the same thing in NinjaTrader 7, and as such, we must treat this as a feature request. I have resubmitted the feature request mentioned in post #8

Comment

Hello Jessica,

Thank for the reply, but it is of a kind that leaves me speechless for a while. NT support team obviously can refer to this as they wish, but the fact it is a bug in the UI (irrespective of whether it also existed in NT7) and it has been treated in this thread a such for weeks if not months now.

The only reason to call it a "feature request" is to sweep it under the carpet. Seriously?

Comment

We try very hard to make NinjaTrader as friendly, stable, and efficient as possible, and we take user feedback seriously. Whether this is considered a bug or a feature, user demand is the primary consideration when changing the behavior of NinjaTrader. Each report is weighed against application stability and other user reports and prioritized accordingly. We will track demand for this change in Ninja's behavior in this thread.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 04-27-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1782

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                            11 responses