Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account PNL #s not updating in real-time

Hi,

I recently started using NT FXCM with NT8.0.2.0.

In my Account window, the PNL #s aren't being updated in real-time. I have strategies running and the PNL #s are being updated in the Strategy Window and in the Market Analyzer in real-time.

I noticed that once a position is closed, then the PNL #s are updated in the Account Window.

When using the Sim101 account the PNL #s in the Account window do update in real-time.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Hello FaaastEddy,

I'm testing using an FXCM demo account, and I was able to reproduce this behavior.

I've submitted a report about this to our development. Once I have more information I will update this thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello FaaastEddy,

Thank you for your patience.

If the data provider does not supply this information it will not be displayed on the Accounts tab in NinjaTrader 8.

A feature request has been made to have the NinjaTrader platform calculate the value on the installation side. This feature request has been assigned the ID SFT-1804.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure I understand your answer. Sounds like Chelsea confirmed that this is a bug in NT and will be fixed int the next release?

I'm using NT FXCM as the data provider. I would expect my PNL data to be updated in real-time (Under the Account tab) as my positions values change with market prices. This is what is not happening - it's seems to update only when a position is open or closed - not in real-time.

Please let me know if you need any further information. I would like to confirm that this will be addressed in the next release because your response doesn't seem to be relevant my original issue I reported.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FaaastEddy View Post
          Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure I understand your answer. Sounds like Chelsea confirmed that this is a bug in NT and will be fixed int the next release?

I'm using NT FXCM as the data provider. I would expect my PNL data to be updated in real-time (Under the Account tab) as my positions values change with market prices. This is what is not happening - it's seems to update only when a position is open or closed - not in real-time.

Please let me know if you need any further information. I would like to confirm that this will be addressed in the next release because your response doesn't seem to be relevant my original issue I reported.

Thanks
          Correct although this is not a bug, the unrealized PnL is what is not updated from the provider. The feature request is for NinjaTrader to calculate the unrealized PnL of the position.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I understand now that FXCM doesn't provide PNL updates as the account value changes in real-time. However, I strongly believe that NT should compensate for this and perform the PNL calculations as you indicated in the feature request. Thanks for submitting it.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            25 responses
            0 likes