Volume[0]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume[0]

Is the VolumeSeries Volume being maintained any longer? I dusted off an old indicator I converted about a year ago and it is no longer working. I swear it was working when I first converted it and I traced it to an assignment I made from Volume[0]. It's always zero and that would be why I'm getting zeroes for the bid and ask volumes.

If this is a built-in indicator, the following indicators require Tick Replay to be enabled in order to work with historical data :

• BuySellPressure.cs
    • BuySellVolume.cs
    • VolumeProfile.cs

Please see this page for instructions on enabling Tick Replay.

The Volume series is currently being maintained, as is the VOL indicator. If either of these are not working as expected, please let us know so as many in the way of details as to how so we can have a complete picture on our end.

If this is a built-in indicator other than the ones I mentioned, please let us know.

If this is a third party indicator, your best bet is to track down the original author of the indicator. If you would like to re-develop an indicator, please let us know so we can help find a certified NinjaScript consultant who can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I wrote a little test app and Volume[0] seems to work. Then I tried it again in that old indicator and now it seems to work. I have no idea what the problem was but... I guess it's fine.

Sorry. Thank you though!

Comment

Thank you for reporting back. Please let us know if the situation changes.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here we go again, Jessica...

I knew I wasn't crazy. It works when it feels like it, I guess. This is that test indicator I wrote this afternoon that showed volume-looking numbers when I first tried it. Now, I'm getting zeroes again. Intermittent bugs... gotta love 'em!

Oh yeah, I subscribe to CQG data if that matters.
          Attached Files

Comment

Never mind again... It's the bar type. I'm not sure why that should matter but apparently it does.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            117 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jculp
            by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes