updates for life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates for life?

Looking into purchasing the multi-broker lifetime licence... however I've noticed in the past that brokers previously supported have been dropped over time without warning. What do we do if we use a broker that gets dropped next week or next year? In the past those users have been grandfathered in, and allowed to keep using their old broker. BUT does NT keep updating their program to support new changes in that broker's API?

For instance, if you stop accepting users of Interactive Brokers, and 2 years from now IB updates their API, will NT update their program to still work with IB?

Hello MM345,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, we will continue to grandfather user's into the supported technologies at the time of purchase.

As far as connection technologies that drop support for 3rd party application access goes, that is beyond our control and one would no longer be able to use that technology with their license. All license sales are final and non-refundable per the terms of service agreed upon when purchased.

Please fell free to write to platformsales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for any additional questions we may answer.

Comment

Originally posted by MM345 View Post
      Looking into purchasing the multi-broker lifetime licence... however I've noticed in the past that brokers previously supported have been dropped over time without warning. What do we do if we use a broker that gets dropped next week or next year?
      Switch to the currently supported technology/broker? Yes, it can be a hassle I guess. But what else can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
        As far as connection technologies that drop support for 3rd party application access goes, that is beyond our control and one would no longer be able to use that technology with their license.
        Thanks for the fast reply. Interactive Broker's API is public and available to everyone for free. So if NT ever decided to stop offering them (e.g. since they are a competing broker), would you still update your software to be in step with their API updates? That's the kind of thing I'd need to know before committing to a "lifetime" multi-broker license.

Comment

Hello MM345,

I can't imagine that happening but it could be a possibility per our Terms of Service Agreement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NRITV
          by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes