Unhandled exception Error crashing NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception Error crashing NT8

I am trying to load multiple charts of the same instrument with different time frames at the same time using the market analyser and instrument link.

When ever I do this I get the error "Unhandled exception: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" and NT8 crashes.

I have tried this with indicators on the charts and also tried without indicators and get the same issue. It doesn't always happen the 1st time while going through my list in the market analyzer but I very rarely make it through my entire list.

Anyone else have this issue or does anyone have any ideas?

Hello fxtrader1980,

Thank you for your post,

Please go to Tools > Options > Market Data.

Within this window, are both "Get data from server" and the lower "Record live data as historical" both checked?

If so, we have seen reports of both being enabled cause the error that you reported that our teams are currently looking into

Try disabling one or the other and let me if you see the same error (I recommend unchecking "Record live data as historical" as your connection likely offers historical data).

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey.

So I did have both of those checked. I unchecked the record live data as historical as you suggested and everything seems to be good now. I'll let you know if I have anymore issues with it.

Thank you for the response

Comment

Same issue this morning with 8.0.2.0. First crashes with 8.0.2.0. 4 crashes in a row. Unchecked 'historical' and it loaded. All week both boxes were checked and it loaded fine.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Are you still receiving the "Unhandled exception: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" error?

If so, also make sure that any virus scanning or backup software on your PC is not able to access NinjaTrader, including the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder. We have seen these errors caused by other programs accessing NinjaTrader's files as well.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

After I unchecked the historical box, no further crashes today. Will keeping this box unchecked affect anything?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

"Save chart data as historical" is intended for users whose connection doesn't offer historical data, or have it disabled. If you charts backfill with data when opened, then you can disable this function without issue because your connection does offer historical data.

banghasan, yes, we're seeing that both features attempting to write to the same files are causing the crash.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes