NT8: Specify data directory - howto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8: Specify data directory - howto?

I have asked that this be documented multiple times, with no response. I need to know this again so that I can rebuild my installation.

How again is that done?

Hmmmm.. I learned from one of your posts.

I used a junction. I have it saved at home along with my Imdisk instructions. I was mapping my replay folder only to a drive in memory.

I gave someone recently an outline.

Last edited by sledge; 12-15-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to check, is this the instruction you are referring to for changing the shortcut to specify the data folder?

If you can confirm if that is the correct thread, I will put in a request for this to be added into the help guide.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        Hmmmm.. I learned from one of your posts.

I used a junction. I have it saved at home along with my Imdisk instructions. I was mapping my replay folder only to a drive in memory.

I gave someone recently an outline.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...41&postcount=4
        Yes, I know that one, but NT8 allows one to actually specify a standalone directory, not subsumed by the "My documents" folder, as the data directory.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello,

I wanted to check, is this the instruction you are referring to for changing the shortcut to specify the data folder?

If you can confirm if that is the correct thread, I will put in a request for this to be added into the help guide.

Yes, those are the directions that I was asking about. Thanks. And yes, I would again suggest that it be included in the official documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
            Hello,

If we decide to use this concept what happens when we uninstall then reinstall (or update) the software?

I presume the uninstalling process will not recognise that the working NT8 documents directory has been moved hence the full contents of the moved directory will be left untouched during the uninstall.

The reinstall process will then create a new directory in the standard documents directory. What components of this new directory should then be copied across to the modified location? Similarly what original components in the modifed directory should be deleted?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ruudawakening, Today, 12:58 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH