Multiple trades when an order is filled in parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple trades when an order is filled in parts

When an order is filled in parts there are multiple trades in Trade Performance.
    E.g when an order of 100 is filled in 3 parts (61, 10, 29) three separate trades are created. This happens even when the entry price for each part is the same. The desired behavior is to have always one trade for each order. In case of different entry prices for the different parts the price can be averaged. Note: I am using the IInteractive Brokers data feed

Hello marcel-nl,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This user would like the ability to group part-filled trades in trade performance so that they only take one physical row unless clicked on to see all the individual trades
    I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      This user would like the ability to group part-filled trades in trade performance so that they only take one physical row unless clicked on to see all the individual trades
      Hi Jessica,

For an example of how to show positions consisting of multiple trades, see column labeled 'A' in the attached screenshot.

(My strategies automatically create a spreadsheet modeled after the Trades tab.)

The first trade at 5:02:00 AM was for 10 contracts, but generated 2 rows in the Trades collection because 5 contracts hit their target and the remaining 5 'runners' got stopped out. Notice how the 'Pos-#' column shows these 2 trades labeled 1.1 and 1.2.

This spreadsheet example shows a method by which Engineering can update the Trades tab to reflect both Positions and Trades in the same data space.

Columns labeled B, C, D, and E, are additional output data points I write into my spreadsheets.

Perhaps NinjaTrader could be adopt these ideas.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bltdavid; 12-15-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Yup, a major annoyance.

I think the only way to get around is to have unique names for strategies, and then import to excel and combine there. Quite a chore.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Yup, a major annoyance.

I think the only way to get around is to have unique names for strategies, and then import to excel and combine there. Quite a chore.
          I used EPPlus to create my own spreadsheets from OnTermination(), looping through the Trades collection.

I built 2 workbooks, Summary and Trades, directly via code. Look carefully at the bottom of the screenshot for the workbook tabs.

But, yes, it was quite a chore.

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-210

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes