Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask not working

Hi all, i wanted to try a Footprint chart style so i activated Tick Replay
    ( Options > Market Data > Show Tick Replay ) then imported the Footprint chart indicator, created a new chart (@USOIL) also activated Data Series Tick Replay, then connected to FXCM real time data feed and the chart was created, but after a few minutes of fresh incoming ticks the newly created candles wont show any buy orders on the right of each candle, i tried different instruments, candle types & sizes with no luck,
    revised Tick Replay and was activated.

this is how it looks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CL.png
Views:	1
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	906764

Im using Ninja 8.0.0.14 - Release Candidate 2
    Logs show no errors

Footprint Chart indicator can be found here:

Name:	footprint.jpg
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	906765
    The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Also tried this one, same results:

Name:	local_resize.php.jpg
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	906766
    The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

any ideas what may be the prob? thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

To start with, I would recommend upgrading the platform to 8.0.2.0, a production release edition of the platform, to see if this behavior continues to occur. To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.

-First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    -Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    -Enter your license key and press Submit
    -Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on the NinjaTrader 8
    -Select 'Download'
    -Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey, yep, done that, all the same, dunno what else to try..

Comment

Both Footprint indicators show the same problem..every price shows ask=0

Name:	2016-12-19_000012.jpg
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	881473

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

If you open Chart Trader on a 1 Minute chart without the use of this custom bar type, do you see Bid/Ask updates as expected underneath the "ATM Strategy" drop-down menu?
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kabott View Post
            Hi all, i wanted to try a Footprint chart style so i activated Tick Replay
            ( Options > Market Data > Show Tick Replay ) then imported the Footprint chart indicator, created a new chart (@USOIL) also activated Data Series Tick Replay, then connected to FXCM real time data feed and the chart was created, but after a few minutes of fresh incoming ticks the newly created candles wont show any buy orders on the right of each candle, i tried different instruments, candle types & sizes with no luck,
            revised Tick Replay and was activated.

this is how it looks
            [ATTACH]41915[/ATTACH]

Im using Ninja 8.0.0.14 - Release Candidate 2
            Logs show no errors

Footprint Chart indicator can be found here:
            [ATTACH]41916[/ATTACH]

Also tried this one, same results:
            [ATTACH]41917[/ATTACH]

any ideas what may be the prob? thanks in advance
            Hello

There are a few issues happening here.
            Firstly I have also looked at a least one of those free third party footprint charts and agree that they don't show bid normal bid/ask data on an FX chart fed with data from FXCM. I do however have a another footprint type chart from a paid vendor and can see bid ask/data on all bars. This suggests that there is an issue with the free footprint chart.
            Secondly, you are probably aware that FXCM data supplied to NinjaTrader does not come with bid/ask volume but is instead bid/ask tick information. This however can still be useful.
            Thirdly, FXCM data has a resolution down to 1/10 of a pip and NT8 currently plots all FX charts with this level of resolution. This means that a standard footprint chart is likely to show 10 price levels per 1 pip on an FX chart. There are some old NT8 beta forum postings requesting that NinjaTrader provide an option to allow FX charts to plot at 1 pip resolution instead which if implemented would solve this issue. I am also aware that there is at least one vendor that offers a paid version of an NT8 FX footprint chart that plots at a 1 tick resolution.

Additional info:
            • I am using NT8 8.0.2
            • The FXCM @USOIL CFD doesn't appear to come with the bid/ask tick info that you can see on the normal FX pairs
            • The bid/ask updates that show on chart trader below the ATM strategy box do not match what plots on the bars of my one footprint chart that works with FXCM data. The chart trader bid/ask values below the ATM box are aways the same
            Last edited by FMtrader; 12-19-2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Handclap0241