Indicators not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators not loading

I have incorrectly removed an add-on (D'oh!) and no indicators load.
    There are no indicators in the "configured" panel.
    Log reads,
    Failed to restore Indicator "Unknown". Most Likely (a), or (b) or (c)

I appreciate your assistance with my screw up.
    Thanks
    David

Hello LarrikinTrader,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the NinjaScript object. This will allow you to debug the NinjaScript object, exclude it from the compiler, or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one NinjaScript object, it is due to NinjaTrader compiling all NinjaScript objects - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

We can assist you via a remote session if you would like. Please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,
      "Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects"

I did so and it compiled ... no new section at the bottom of the editor window.

I restarted NT8, still no indicators.

Requesting a remote session as per your instructions.

David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view