Want to override rollover offset value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to override rollover offset value

Using MergeBackAdjusted global merge policy, I would like to be able to edit the rollover offset value and make it stick. Currently, for ES 03-17, NT8.0.2.0 persists in setting it to 5, regardless of how many times I reset it to 5.25 (every day). It should be 5.25 as it is in NT7.

If there's no way to override the calculated/downloaded value, please consider this a feature request.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently the Offset will automatically be pulled from NinjaTrader servers if the rollover date in the Contract months window and the servers match.

The only way to overwrite this value is to change the Rollover date within the Contract months window for the expiry then change the Offset value.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Understanding the Contracts months section.

I have also submitted this suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 12-22-2016, 03:15 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      The only way to overwrite this value is to change the Rollover date within the Contract months window for the expiry then change the Offset value.
      I have also submitted this suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
      Regardless of what is stated in the help guide http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tMonthsSection this workaround (changing the rollover date to retain edited offset) no longer works in 8.0.4.0. My edited values never stick past the current connection.
      Attached Files

Comment

To clarify was this procedure working within your previous version of NinjaTrader prior to installing 8.0.4.0?

Comment

Yes, I believe the workaround was working prior to 8.0.4.0.

In version 8.0.3.0, I changed the rollover dates for ES from Thursday to Friday and the edited offsets of -6.5 for ES 12-16 and -5.25 for ES 03-17 remained in place. Since 8.0.4.0, neither the date nor offset values remain as I've set them.

Comment

This has been reported to our development team and is scheduled to be resolved in version 8.0.5.0.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes