• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Change Z-order without using the mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Z-order without using the mouse

Hi

Is there an official way in NT8 to change the z-order without using the scroll wheel on the mouse? I like to use my laptop when trading but when I do I'm unable to change the z-order the conventional way.

I know this feature has been requested for a few years (and apparently was added to the feature development list for NT7) so I'm hoping this has finally been implemented in NT8.

I notice there are a couple of vendors who have manged to add a button to their indicators that allows you to quickly and easily change the z-order with their indicators. Disco Trading have this on their Range Volume Profile indicator for NT7 and NT8 so I know it can be done.

My question is can this be done a conventional way or do you need to use some advanced or unsupported coding to do this.

I would appreciate any help from NT support on how to do this (if you know how).

Thanks

Hello fredrey,

I am not aware of any way to change the z-order of an object without using the mouse. On a laptop this would be the scroll gesture on the trackpad.

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to allow the z-order to be set for a chart object without the mouse, would you like to submit this?

It is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a feature request will be implemented.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea

Yes please submit this as a feature request.

Obviously the z-order can be changed by creating a button to do it but it's going to require some out of the box thinking.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them

Thanks

Comment

Hello fredrey,

Our development has provided a tracking ID for your feature request. For future reference, your request to allow the z-order to be changed on chart objects without a mouse is being tracked with ID #SFT-232.

We highly appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Please let me know of any other requests or suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader platform.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe, when something is click-selected on the chart, a small up/down button can be displayed in the bottom right corner of the axis, similar to the fixed 'F' at the top right corner. a feature like that could be turned on by people who use a laptop. Just an idea.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by b16_aln, Today, 12:47 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post b16_aln
          by b16_aln