Best way to configure futures trading NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to configure futures trading NT8

Hi I am wondering what is the best way to setup NT8 for trading futures for my needs. I wish to setup up an automated strategy to trade across 12 futures products. I don't need tick data, just live data to trade on and historical data from which I can construct minute bars. If I use IB, will I even require a data provider or does live and historical futures data stream to NT8 for free?

I already have a multi-broker license for NT8 so the RT commission is $0.53/contract if I start a futures account with NT through Dorman Trading or Phillips Capital, but I will require a data provider at ~$50/month. Will I not receive this discounted rate if I trade through an IB account and be charged $0.85/contract?

Ultimately, what would be the cheapest/best way to setup this account and in what situations do I require a data provider?

Hello jlkramer16,

The connection to Interactive Brokers through the TradersWorkstation API provides real-time data, as well as historical minute last data. This connection does not provide historical tick data.

No, discounts for commission fees (charged by the brokerage) are only applied if you are with the NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 7 help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that show the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

This next link is to the same help guide page for NinjaTrader 8.

Also here is a publicly available link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
    NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Last, here is a link to our Connections Guide which will have instructions to setup the provider in NinjaTrader (scroll to the bottom).
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 12-28-2016, 12:05 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Complete list of instruments possible to trade

I would like to find out what is the complete list of instruments it is possible to trade with NT8 using automated trading. I assume this would be broker dependent?

Are the following instruments all possible with the platform ?

Index futures
      Equity options
      Index options
      FX spot
      FX futures
      Equities
      ETF's

Comment

Hello mballagan,

The NinjaTrader Platform Supports Futures, Equities, Forex, and Indexes.
        NinjaTrader does not support options.

The data provider supported instruments are dependent on the broker or data provider you are connected to.

Below I am providing links to the NinjaTrader website which lists the available instruments for NinjaTrader Continuum and NinjaTrader FXCM.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 7 help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that show the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

This next link is to the same help guide page for NinjaTrader 8.

Also here is a publicly available link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
        NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes