Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change crosshair

Hi

Occasionally I will run into the problem of not being able to change my cursor or crosshair using the drop down menu located in the top control panel (as seen in the image).

When I try and do this all the crosshair options are "greyed out" and I'm unable to choose any of them

I can still change my cursor by right clicking on the chart and using the crosshair buttons in the right click menu but for some reason the top menu sometimes will not let me do it.

It seems to occur randomly and even happens when I'm using a clean chart with no indicators on it so it's very hard to know when and why this occurs.

Thanks
    Attached Files

If it is occurring at this moment, can you describe any actions or events which preceded this occurrence?

I'd like to look into your diagnostic files and also test with your workspace. What is the name of your workspace which this is occurring on?

Please send me your workspace and log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Expand the 'Other Files' section and include 'Workspace files and UI settings'. Log and Trace Files' is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1631501 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Hello Patrick

No it is not occurring at the moment - it is very fleeting actually, it happens for a few minutes and then it seems to correct itself

Unfortunately the last time it happened was a few days ago and since then I have reinstalled NT so I don't have anything for you to review but the next time it happens I'll reply to this thread immediately.

Comment

In the meantime, I would suggest making sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your PC manufacturer or IT professional.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          In the meantime, I would suggest making sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your PC manufacturer or IT professional.
          This has happened to me since early in the beta cycle, but I've yet to be able to duplicate it at whim... It doesn't happen everyday.. but happens often enough there must be some type of underlying issue..

There really is no indication as to the exact cause, nor does it throw an error, or show anything in the log or trace files when it happens..

I can normally click on a properties window or show/hide charttrader and the menu items will return to normal..

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            This is the kind of reply that shows some of us that support does not have any idea what is really going on under the covers (and they shouldn't as that is the developers job). Other platforms have the developers running some/all support, so you get real answers - although some are rather rude. This is the kind of issue that needs to be seen the by the next level of support or developers.

This issue has nothing to do with graphics drivers. The issue is an underlying coding issue in NT8. NT is getting into a bad state which is blocking the enable on the menu button, so it is drawn greyed out. If/when the user can manipulate NT back into a good state, the button is drawn as expected. This is likely some kind of threading/locking issue in NT.

I have seen a number of these kinds of issues including cases where NT gets into a hung state waiting (threading/locking issues) just by manipulating the GUI. The new NT arch is so different than NT7, that some of this is expected, but it is pretty brutal trying to report/deal with these issues when they tend to be next to impossible to recreate in a reliable fashion due to threading/timing of events.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I've created an internal ticket for the Development Team to take a deeper look into what sberry reported.

The internal tracking number is QA-2559.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please send your log, trace, and workspace files through the platform. You can do this by going to Help > Email Support.

Please be sure to include a link to this forum thread in your message,

Comment

sberry, the Development Team had a good look at this and we are curious if you are using any third-party add-ons. Third-party add-ons have the potential to access and affect your chart menus.

Comment

Yes I am using third party add ons. These have buttons and menus located on the Ninja CP menu.

Comment

Can you clarify - your username is not the same as the original poster, but you're stating that you experience the same symptoms on your chart which they describe in the first post of this thread?

If so, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1631501 ATTN Patrick G

Please also include a link to this forum thread and the original .zip for your custom script which adds the features you mention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Skifree
                    by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view