Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to submit bracket stop/profit orders with NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your transparency.

Regarding the listed brokers, what about Phillip and Dorman Futures?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

With NinjaTrader Brokerage, these clearing brokers allow the data feed selection options Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage - OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC - and NinjaTrader Continuum, where most OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their server - please see the disclaimer section here for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

93575-server-side-bracket-submission

Hasn't this similar thread been going on and voting for a year now ?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post

With NinjaTrader Brokerage, these clearing brokers allow the data feed selection options Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage - OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC - and NinjaTrader Continuum, where most OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their server - please see the disclaimer section here for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
          So if trading with NT Brokerage, choose Continuum for data to get server-side OCO?

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Hello NT8 Team,

It has been some time since my original post. Can you please provide an update on whether server-side Stop and OCO bracket orders are now supported by your two Futures brokers when using NT8 as the trading platform -- PhillipCapital and Dorman Trading? Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. The same data is still true for NinjaTrader - via the Continuum selection server side OCO is supported while Rithmic does not.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

NT EricB,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please clarify, as I did not understand what you wrote?

I am asking specifically about whether the only two Futures brokers which NT currently offers -- Phillips and/or Dorman -- support the sending of protective stop and OCO bracket orders (stop + target) at the same time the entry order is placed. That is, the stop is held on THEIR server, not just inside my copy of the NT8 platform. I do not believe the data connection for NT8 has any impact on what kind of orders the broker holds on their servers.

So two things must be true for broker server-held stop/target orders to be possible:
                  1. NT8 must be capable of sending all 3 orders at the same moment -- parent/entry, stop, and target.
                  2. The broker must be able to accept all 3 orders and store them on their own trade server. That way if I lose my data connection, the trade will be managed automatically.

This is the deciding factor on whether or not I can use NT8 as my platform.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for your note.

Using Dorman or Phillips will not have any effect on where your orders will be sent as these are only Clearing Firms.

As to your first point, this is not currently supported with the NinjaTrader 8 platform but there is a feature request with the tracking number, SFT 1091, and I would be more than happy to add your vote to be implemented in a future update of the platform.

Then when a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

As to your second item, as Eric described above, this will depend on your data provider.

Below I have included a link to our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside:

With the NinjaTrader Continuum Connection OCO is supported natively on their servers and does not need a signal from your platform, so the OCO function will still trigger even if you have lost connection.

With the Rithmic for NinjaTrader Connection OCO is not supported on their servers and will still need a signal from your platform to trigger the OCO function.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you NT Spencer.

Yes, I was the person who initiated the posts that lead to request SFT 1091 -- way back in February of 2017. That is why I am circling back now to see whether progress was made on this very basic platform functionality. So to summarize, am I correct in understanding that:

1. NT8 cannot simultaneously send parent/entry, stop, and target orders to the broker, clearing house, or exchange. We are waiting for SFT 1091 to be implemented.
                      2. Even if a broker like IB does support OCO orders on their servers, it doesn't matter because NT8 will not actually send the stop or target until after the parent/entry order is filled.
                      3. Continuum is actually a broker or clearing firm, not just a data provider. Perhaps CQG in disguise? You mentioned orders "on their servers." Perhaps you could map out the order flow when using Continuum -- e.g. NT8 --> CQG --> Dorman --> CME. How many hops does our order take, and who holds the orders along the way?

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for your post.

Continuum uses the same connection technology as CQG which could make Continuum appear as CQG in disguise.

If you would like to know exactly what servers your orders are going to you may write into [email protected] with 'ATTN Spencer' in the Subject line, I would be more than happy to discuss the steps on how to do that in more detail there.

Comment

93575-server-side-bracket-submission

Is there any news on implementing this?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for your post.

As of right now, the Feature Request SFT-1091 has 36 votes.

However, I am unable to give a specific timeline has to when this will be implemented, but there is interest being tracked.

I would be more than happy to add your vote to this if it has not already been added.

Comment

After using NT for charting for a long time, and I finally decided to get a license to trade through it for Interactive Brokers (IB)
                              To my surprise I find that the bracket attached orders are not transmitted with the parent order.
                              In the current market environment this is an unacceptable risk.

The fact that this has been asked for multiple years, and not supported suggests that NT does not understand trading risks management.

To me this feature is basic table-stakes. It it very easy to support and you should be doing it on war-footing.
                              Last edited by aviat72; 03-24-2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for your post.

I have added your vote to Feature Request SFT-1091.

Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post adeelshahzad  
                                Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                                10 responses
                                1 like