Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to submit bracket stop/profit orders with NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Update for Enhancement Request SFT-1091

Hello NT8 Support,

Is there a progress update on enhancement request SFT-1091... sending the bracket OCO order to the broker server at the same time as the parent entry order?

Background: This is done as a OSO set of orders that reside on the broker's server [Parent entry order sends OCO bracket order]-- IF the parent order is filled, the OCO bracket is activated and sent by the broker to the exchange. If the parent never fills, the trader does not need to worry about one of the OCO orders being filled inadvertently, as they are on the broker's server but not yet active at the exchange. (Ultimately, the purpose for sending all 3 orders to the broker's server at once is so that if my computer, my internet connection, or my copy of NT8 fail, my trading capital is protected).

As an Interactive Brokers client, I know that IB already supports server-side bracket orders. So this should be a no-brainer for an NT8 upgrade... would have expected it in one of the recent releases.

From my research, it appears Dorman Trading also supports server-side brackets for at least 3 other 3rd-party trading platforms. Why not NT8 as well?

Interestingly, NT8 is not listed as a 3rd party platform on either the Dorman Trading or Phillip Capital web sites. Even though both firms are the clearing brokers for NT Brokerage. Is this simply a missed opportunity, or should we as NT8 users take guidance from this omission?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

There is not currently an update available for this Feature Request. Feature Requests are investigated and considered by the Development Team for possible implementation in future releases of the platform. I'm happy to add this as a vote towards this existing Feature Request.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add ATM strategy orders to chart GUI

Hello,

I would also like to vote strongly as possible for this feature request. We recognize the challenges involved with broker-side bracket orders (OSO parent + OCO execution) and hope this will be supported soon by at least NT Brokerage partners.

However, in the meantime isn't it reasonable to ask that the client side ATM orders currently in place are displayed on the chart interface (with different formatting) and are adjustable by the user much like the live chart-trader orders are?

This would certainly help satisfy some of the needs relating to this feature request. I agree with the other members that this would be more appropriate as part of the base platform instead of being left to add-on developers.

Thank you much.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to record your feedback regarding this item. This Feature Request is currently under investigation by the Development Team.

Comment

Any updates/ETA on the progress of implementing this? Probably the single most important upgrade you guys could add to the software by far...

Comment

Xkaern,

Thanks for replying.

There is not currently an update available for this Feature Request. Feature Requests are considered by the Development Team as potential additions or changes in future releases of the platform.

You can always check the platform's Release Notes to see what features have been implemented with each new release of the platform:

Also, I'm happy to add this as a vote towards this existing Feature Request.

Comment

Today the non-support of server side bracketing orders cost me more points that it should - again. There was a slippage, NT8 tried to submit the stop, but the price was already below it, so canceled from IB and at least I have a trade on running without any stop.

I've told you this some years ago, that its not a feature, its a must have with volatile markets. And security should be on top of your developers team. But they didn't priorities it, because they did not trade with real money and its not a fancy part of work.

Glad to see that also other guys have the same opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by imphasing View Post
                  I would hate to have to use TWS for all my order entry, kinda defeats the whole purpose of NT in my opinion.
                  This is what most of us have to do who use IB because they log you out.

NT: Since this feature was created in Dec 2016 has there been any progress on this request?

Comment

User1104,

Thanks for replying to the thread.

I'm happy to add this as a vote towards this existing Feature Request.

There is not currently an update available for this Feature Request. However, you can always check the platform's Release Notes to see what features have been implemented with each new release of the platform:

Comment

NT7 related

Hi,

I have a major question. Is this issue existing for NinjaTrader 7 too, or with NT7 this server side oco orders issue is not existing

Comment

Originally posted by vlaladim View Post
                        Hi,

I have a major question. Is this issue existing for NinjaTrader 7 too, or with NT7 this server side oco orders issue is not existing
                        Same as NT7. To be clear, NinjaTrader does support server side OCO orders with Interactive Brokers. It just does not support sending the bracket instruction along with the opening entry order.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has this Feature Request been implemented into the NT8 platform with rithmic?

Comment

Gym_junki21,

This feature request can be tracked with the ID SFT-1091.

There is not currently an update available for this Feature Request. I recommend searching for the above tracking ID in the platform's Release Notes to see what features have been implemented with each new release of the platform:

Comment

Can I please clarify this issue:

1. I enter a Globex stop entry order with associated OCO protection bracket via ATM strategy
                              2. I close my PC and go to bed
                              3. my entry limit order is filled during the night, but...
                              4. my protection TP/SL bracket is not being worked in the market because they were not noted as pending orders at the broker (server side). All because my PC was shut and NT8 disconnected.

Comment

Hello damian8,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. I can confirm this would occur - While the live orders itself is outside of your PC, the ATM is a feature of NinjaTrader and therefore requires the platform to be running and connected when the programmed action is to be taken.

Please see the below link of our help guide for more on order states.

Also, please see the below forum post for more on Where Your Orders Reside -- also covers broker-specific OCO information.
                                Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Let us know if we may assist further.
                                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aa731
                                by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM