Collapse

Platform loading with error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting an error that the index was outside the bounds of the array when I changed the index to 4. I tried it with the code you provided as well as mine, and I'm still getting the error.

The only index that I can get to work without error in your code is Values[1] for TrueRange. I'm a bit confused by the fact that it would be 4, as the plot indexes are set from 0-2, so logically the next index should be 3. Admittedly I hadn't tried 4 because I thought it was out of range, but I've tried 4 and 3 now and it also doesn't work for me. If the TrueRange index is set to 1 the code compiles, but it always plots this as the 2nd plot.

Edit - I think I figured out what I was doing incorrectly, which was the setting of the 2nd plot. Value[0] sets the primary plot, but for the other plots I should've used Values[index of plot][0]. instead of Value which is for the primary plot. That seems to have fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Matts; 01-10-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

There's still a problem with the plots for this indicator. I thought that the TrueRange series was no longer plotting, but it was still plotting off the indicator scale. From trying different numbers for the various series, it seems that this series must be Values[1], and it will plot as Values[2]. This means the next plot has been shifted to Values[3]. I removed the 3rd plot now, so there's only 2 indicator plots.
      The only way I can see to remove the plot for TrueRange (Values[2]) is to set it to transparent for the brush color. This works, but the plot still shows in the UI. It's already set to [Browsable(false)][xmlignore]. Is it possible to remove the transparent plot from the UI?

Comment

Both of these tags,

Code:
                [Browsable(false)]
                [XmlIgnore]
        should do the trick. These tags are case sensitive. Please ensure your XmlIgnore tag matches the above case.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Both tags are there with the correct syntax. That was just my poor typing in the post. It's still listed as a plot.

Comment

Thank you for this additional information. Series added with AddDataSeries should not show up as plots. Would it be possible to replace each of your AddPlot calls by AddDataSeries calls? Our goal is to see if, on your system, plots still show up on the bottom in the GUI when you do this. Please let us know either way what your results are.

Comment

When I replaced the AddPlot with AddDataSeries no plots showed up in the GUI. The problem is that the plot values are being replaced by the data series values, not that the plot is showing up. It's drawing a line with a near zero value, which matches the output of the data series.

I've solved that part of the problem, by making it transparent. If possible I'd like to remove this plot from the UI.
              Last edited by Matts; 01-18-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Would it be possible to provide an up-to-date code sample, either here or via e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1631677 in the subject line?

Comment

Thank you for providing us with a code sample. I was incorrect in some of the advice I gave earlier. We are unable to set output ranges that show up in the Values array without adding plots, as Values is a fixed size read only array from the outside. If you would like a series of this nature that does not show up as a plot, please examine the attached code. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 01-26-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jessica, I was able to add this code to the indicator, and get it to work with 2 plots.
                    I'm not sure why, but the order seemed to be important when adding this code. The method that worked was to set the 2nd plot (Values[1]), then the TrueRange Series and then set the 1st plot (Values[0]). Setting the Values in a different order to this, seemed to cause problems. I also followed your example of using the series name instead of Values.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh  
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post frankthearm