Daily Charts stops updating after first start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Charts stops updating after first start up

When I start NT8 my daily chart is showing the current day bar and updates the price. When I change to a different stock, I only see the day bar from the day before. If I change back to the first stock which initially updated, the current day bar is also gone. See attached pictures were the last red bar dissapeared.
    I am using Kinetic as a historical datafeed (subscription) and connect to IB for current pricing and trading.

How can I solve this?
    Attached Files

Hello RonMar,

Thank you for your post,

What order do you connect the data feeds?

Also, have you set any preferred connection setting via Tools > Options > Market Data > Preferred connections?

Regarding IB, are you connecting via TWS or IB Gateway? Just to make sure, I suggest double-checking the below guide to verify the correct version is downloaded and set up correctly for use with NinjaTrader.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

We look forward to assisting further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 01-04-2017, 03:12 PM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I work both with IB Gateway and TWS, both the right version.
      I have my preferred connections set as follows:
      - Historical all Kinetick
      - real-time: all Interactive brokers

I attached a picture from my settings.

I found that disconnecting to TWS or IB Gateway gives immediatly the daily bar back.

I do not have this problems in smaller timeframes e.g. 10 minutes. Here the last bar is updating real-time in sync with TWS.
      Attached Files

Comment

The order of connecting does not change anything. If they are both connected, the only the current daily chart is showing the real-time price. As soon as I change the ticker, it is gone. It shows only the bar of the previous day.

Comment

Hello RonMar,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

I'll test this on my end and follow up with my findings.

In the meantime, can you please let me know if you see the same when launched in Safe Mode?

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
          2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
          3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

Try opening up a new Daily chart via the New menu. Make sure, when opening the chart, to select <None> from the top right "Load the following chart template" drop down menu.

Let me know if you see the same when switching instruments.

Comment

Hello Eric,

I followed your instructions. Also in safe mode, with no charts loaded the problem is still the same. The first daily charts shows the current day bar and the next chart it loads still does not have the current day bar.

If I disconnect TWS the current day bar shows up again.

I hope you can solve this.

Comment

Also when I only connect to IB i can see the current day bar. But it takes a very long time to load my charts. If connected to Kinetic, this is much faster.

Somehow it seems that if the the software is not handling the price data correctly if connected both to Kinetic and TWS/IB gateway.

Comment

Hello Eric,

I was just 10 minutes away from my computer. No I found that the current day bar was drawn and updates.

Could it be that when connected to two data servers that there is an enourmous delay?

Comment

Please disregard last post. It was not due to the time, but due to the fact that I was disconnected from TWS.
                  So, if I disconnect shortly from TWS than the current bar starts updating. If I reconnect again to TWS the updating continues. Switching to another charts, gives the problem again. But switching back to the chart which has already the current day bar updating is still doing Ok.
                  Very strange situation, seems to me a software bug...

Comment

Hello RonMar,

Thank you for your post,

Are you connecting multiple instances of TWS / Gateway? If not, can you tell me which your connection is set to use right now? Go to Connection > Configure > Select your IB connection from the lower left and check the "Connect using" setting to the right.

Because you have set your connections to use IB for real-time data within the preferred connections, I believe it would be expected for the price data to stop updating when IB is disconnected (will verify in my next reply).

I'll test this on my end and follow up with my findings.

Comment

Hello Eric,

I was only connected through TWS. I tested last week the situation wit IB Gateway in combination with Kinetick and ran into the same problem. I have only one instance for IB (TWS) running, but always with Kinetic as my historical source.

I attached the connection settings.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I also found that the weekly chart, with the same indicators is updating the weekly bar real-time. So the problems occurs only on the day chart. Is it possible that it is connected with seesion templates? I am living in Europe... My computer clock is on local time.I tryed changing my computer clock, but found no difference...

Comment

Hello RonMar,

Thank you for your reply and additional information, it is much appreciated!

I can confirm I am seeing the same on my end, the IB connection seems to be affecting the historical data and removing the most current Daily bar. I'll forward on to our Development team to look into further.

Thank you for reporting and your interest in NinjaTrader!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                          6 responses