Settlement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement...

It seems the "settlement" price of a commodity/future is not available after session end. For instance, I added the settlement column in market analyzer and the settlement price shows up at the end of the session, but if I close NT 8 that settlement price is not available again till the next session close. What am I missing here?

This would most likely be dependent on your data provider.

The settlement column is pulling the 'MarketDataType.Settlement' from your data provider. The platform would need an update to that price to display an item in the settlement column.

When I test with Kinetick and NinjaTrader Continuum, I receive an update immediately upon connecting, and also after a restart of the platform and reconnecting. I will need to test after the session ends today to learn more about the expected behavior from these providers.

Who is your data provider? If you leave NinjaTrader connected, does the settlement column ever fill with data after the new session begins? Does a disconnect/reconnect after the session begins fill in the column?

Comment

Yeah, it's AMP, I think CQG. Yes, the settlement price fills at end of session, but if I quit NT, and restart doesn't show up again till session end again.

Comment

I cannot replicate the behavior you're reporting with a CQG connection.

I'd like to test your specific connection on my end. Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a summary of what you're experiencing. Please include a link to this forum post and reference ticket #1631995 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH