Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feature request: SuperDOM -> number of price rows

feature request: (NT7-style) SuperDOM -> properties -> number of price rows

In NT8, it seems that we must resize the SuperDOM window in order to increase or decrease the number of visible price rows. There is now a problem which previously did not exist, because the rows will remain the same height regardless of how many are displayed if I am not mistaken. I would greatly prefer to keep the NT-7 menu option which allowed the user to specify "number of price rows" without any need to resize the SuperDOM window, because one can indirectly reduce the height of price rows simply by adding more rows while keeping the window size constant.

Hello,

There may be some confusion with the behavior of the SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 7.

As the number of rows are increased, this automatically will resize the SuperDOM window. The SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 7 cannot be manually resized and will automatically be resized as new rows are added.
    It is not possible to add rows, without the height of the SuperDOM being increased as well.

Below is a link to a short video that demonstrates.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

May I confirm you are wanting to submit a feature request to return the behavior of NinjaTrader 8 to the behavior shown in this video?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Note: my issue has been resolved (thank you to Ninjatrader_ChelseaB and to tradesmart)

Thank you ChelseaB, for your clear explanation. Thanks to your video example, I can now see that I was indeed confused, because there is probably no functionality difference between NT7 and NT8 with regard to "number of price rows". Therefore, I should not have made the feature request at all. Although I do miss the original menu option which was available in NT7, perhaps I can get accustomed to the new workflow in NT8 which seems to require the manual resizing of the superDOM in order to indirectly add or remove price rows.

My actual issue should have been restated as follows: it seems that NT7 superDOM allows me to use a smaller height for each price row than what NT8 now appears to require. May I ask, is there a way to get back to the NT7 shorter price row height when using NT8?

I think that it is important to visualize prices at a glance which would normally lie at least a little bit outside of the superDOM without running out of screen space or wasting screen space, and without the need to slide the price ladder up or down manually. That is why the shorter height of each price row on the superDOM matters to me. Also, I have spent many hours carefully building excel spreadsheets which were based on the height of the NT7 price rows, and they no longer match the new superDOM in NT8.
      Last edited by kh_model; 01-02-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Why not just change the font size? That will affect the number of rows, as will resizing the DOM window, so in combination you should be able to display exactly the number of rows you'd like.
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses