Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data

Hello.

I do not have tick data for trade dates 8/30/16 - 9/23/16 for GC as per historical data . How do I download this data?

Thanks.

Hello,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What expiry have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

If you right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data, does this correct the chart?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What expiry have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

If you right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data, does this correct the chart?
      1) NT 8 8.0.2.0
      2) IQFeed
      3) 2-17. Is there a way to bring up former contracts to download this data for those trade dates?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

When connected to a data provider that supports this data, you could download the data using the Historical Data window found under Tools -> Historical Data. Select the "Load" tab to download this data. More information at the below link:

You can download data for older instruments by typing the instrument name and expiry in the "Instrument" field when downloading the data.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I typed GC 08-16 in the 'instrument' space since the roll date to 12-16 was 9/30/16, selected 8/30/16 - 9/23/16, downloaded tick/min data, but when I check historical data it is still missing.

Please advise.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nepenthean; 01-07-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I am seeing this same rollover date for GC, but this would likely be incorrect as the 08-16 contract would likely have settled in the month of August. On my side, I am able to download some tick data for the last days of August, but nothing beyond that-- which would be what I would expect for the above reason.

I will follow up with the Data Management team for further investigation on this item.

Do you see the same if you attempt to download this data for GC 12-16?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 01-08-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Same Issue but with CL

I have Ninjatrader 8 (free) and Kenetick Data w/ delayed Nymex.

I can't download, load, any contracts prior to CL 08-16. Help. I even individually write out CL 07-16, CL 06-16,... into the download field and press download only to find no data over and over again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. See image, expanded contracts after CL 08-16 have no data.

Thank you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Kinetick restricts their historical tick data downloads to the previous 8 days during RTH hours. I would suggest attempting to download this data after 4:30PM Eastern time.

Comment

Thank you.

Okay thank you... didn't know that. I was downloading at 5am in the morning EST but it didn't work then. Hehe. I'll try after 4:30PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                    Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I am seeing this same rollover date for GC, but this would likely be incorrect as the 08-16 contract would likely have settled in the month of August. On my side, I am able to download some tick data for the last days of August, but nothing beyond that-- which would be what I would expect for the above reason.

I will follow up with the Data Management team for further investigation on this item.

Do you see the same if you attempt to download this data for GC 12-16?
                    When I select GC 12-16 and try to download historical data for 8/30/16 - 9/23/16 I get nothing.

Please help me get this tick/min data. I have been without it ever since I downloaded NT8 last month.

The historical data I do have for trade month of 8/16 is incomplete despite downloading several times. Attached are two images; one of historical data to show it is incomplete and the other to show how my chart looks for the time interval in question.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by nepenthean; 01-12-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160112.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160112.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Files emailed as per your request. Thanks for your timely consideration.

Comment

I have 32 GB of DDR4 RAM. I have NT8 3.0 64 bit. . Nt8 has not crashed once!

Still, I am unable to download min/tick historical data for GC 2-17. I am unable to obtain tick data for 7/28/16 - 11/29/16 and minute data for 8/30/16 - 10/30/16.

All other instruments can reload historical data fine. I can get the above trade data for NT 7 thorugh IQFeed no problem.

Please help.
                          Last edited by nepenthean; 01-21-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I do not believe we have yet seen your log and trace files on our end at Platform Support. Could you please resend these items at your convenience?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes