Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbols from different data feeds for same symbol

Hello,

Ninja Trader defines instruments and their symbols which are feeding from different data feeds. For example;

Instrument: EURUSD
    Instrument Symbol Maps: X broker -> EUR/USD & Y broker -> EURUSD.Y etc.

On Market Analyzer screen we can only select instruments not symbols. In my example we can select EURUSD and can not select any symbol (EUR/USD or EURUSD.Y).

So if i have an account from both broker (X & Y which are also providing data) and want to see their quotes at the same time on market analyzer screen. How can i do this?

PS: NT version not important. I think there is a same behavior for both versions NT7 & NT8.

Thanks,
    Aytaç
    Last edited by aytacasan; 01-02-2017, 08:59 AM.

Certain data providers (Kinetick, for example) can have symbol mapping which is specific to the data feed which you desire. You would need to manually change the default symbol mapping if you wanted a different source for your data from your data provider.

If you want a particular data feed to be used over another, you can choose your preference in the Tools > Options > Market Data > 'Preferred Connections' section. Here is a link with more information:

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I didn't ask that how can i change default data provider based on instrument type? I'm very sure that my question so clear. I want to see 2 fx data provider's same pair quotes at the same time on market analyzer. Please tell me how can i accomplish that?

Comment

This is not possible, however, I will forward this as a feature request to the Development Team.

Comment

Ok i see. It's fair enough that forward to the Development Team. But is there a chance to learn why not possible? Is this decision because of your analyst or because of other technical reasons.

I'm worry about that because NT is more flexible, useful platform in the world and almost everything is possible with it. So i'm sure there must be logical reasons under this type restriction.

Thanks,
          Aytaç

Comment

Receiving data from two sources simultaneously for the same asset class/instrument is not technically possible with NinjaTrader currently.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, i understand that clearly. What i want to understand why?

* Is it industry standard?
              * Is it consume much more system resources?
              * Is it push the system's limits and cause heating problem?
              * Is it cause to lost some quotes? etc.

I understand there is a limitation but why? Maybe limitation reason so logical so i'll give up to look for it.

Thanks,
              Aytaç

Comment

'Why' this is the case would be a great question for the Development Team and I will reach out to them for this answer. Currently, no members of the Development Team are available because of the holiday.

I will update this thread with any information I receive on this subject.

Comment

I wanted to remind you about my request. Waiting Impatiently for learn what is the reason for that restriction. Thanks.

Comment

Currently this is not possible because the program was not designed with this capability. Additionally, this gets tricky with forex specifically because a centralized exchange does not exist.

Your feature request is being tracked internally as SFT-1835.

Comment

Thanks Patrick for your effort. Can i track the status of my request? If so how?
                      Last edited by aytacasan; 01-09-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Tim-c
                      by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes