Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to achieve partial tranparency on superDOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to achieve partial tranparency on superDOM?

Has anyone been able to apply partial transparency to the superDOM in NT8?

In NT7, I have been able to achieve partial transparency on the superDOM by using a free utility called ChaosCrystal when running under Windows 7 Professional. The same approach that worked for me in NT7 with ChaosCrystal does not seem to be as effective in NT8, although it does work for me on the chart that I tested. However, the superDOM and chartTrader seem to suffer from unexpected behaviour.

Hello kh_model,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 8 uses WPF rather than WinForms as in NinjaTrader 7, this may be the reason your other software is not working with NinjaTrader 8. I would recommend checking with the developer of the software.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I am starting to work with skins in NT8, and I would like to ask if it is possible to add partial transparency to the superDOM by editing an existing skin.

Today I noticed that I could change many of the background colors in my workspaces and control panel simply by editing a renamed copy of an existing skin in notepad while ninjatrader is not running, and then applying that skin using control panel -> tools -> general -> skin. I was able to achieve that result simply by editing one line of code in the file called "BluePrint.xaml" as follows:

original code:
      <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#FFE6E7E8</Color>

modified code:
      <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#d4d0c8</Color>

Is there a way to define transparency for the above, or perhaps by another approach?

Comment

While trying to answer my own question, I have discovered many hints about setting WPF transparency in XAML via a google search. Here is a link to a thread which may contain the answer, but I will need to try it by editing a skin in NT8 and then observing the result:

Is there a way in XAML to create a color object from a named color with different custom transparency level? e.g. &lt;Label Background="{SkyBlue;220}" /&gt; I know this doesn't work, but just wan...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

The link you have posted should work depending on if a Color or SolidColorBrush is being used. For a Color specifically, the most simple approach would likely be to use format that includes opacity: #E5000000

The two starting letters would be the opacity:
          #E5000000
          I did test this on the resource key you noted and do see a transparent color being used upon restarting the platform.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you to NinjaTrader_Jesse and to NinjaTrader_PatrickH for help. By creating a custom skin, and then editing 2 lines of code in the file called BluePrint.xaml I have observed that most of the work is accomplished and I can see the partial transparency when the skin is applied to NT8 (after a program relaunch).

original code:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#FFE6E7E8</Color>

modified code for color only:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#d4d0c8</Color>

modified code with opacity set to 47 percent using a hexadecimal octet specified as 77:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#77d4d0c8</Color>

After the steps above, I discovered that another line of code needs to be modified for the tabbed window in superDOM:

original code:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

modified code for color only:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#d4d0c8"/>

modified code with opacity set to 47 percent using a hexadecimal octet specified as 77:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#77d4d0c8"/>

Finally, I used the superDOM -> properties -> colors menu to replace the existing colors for "Buy Column Background", "Price Column Background", and "Sell Column Background" with hexadecimal colors so that I could insert the "77" octet in order to achieve the partial transparency effect for those colors.

I found many examples of online resources which can supply the hexadecimal equivalent for common named colors, such as the one for "LightCyan", which I use on the Buy Column Background, or the one for "MistyRose", which I use on the Sell Column Background:

#e0ffff color hex LightCyan1, #e0ffff color chart,rgb,hsl,hsv color number values, html css color codes and html code samples.

#ffe4e1 color hex MistyRose1, #ffe4e1 color chart,rgb,hsl,hsv color number values, html css color codes and html code samples.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RookieTrader