• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to achieve partial tranparency on superDOM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to achieve partial tranparency on superDOM?

Has anyone been able to apply partial transparency to the superDOM in NT8?

In NT7, I have been able to achieve partial transparency on the superDOM by using a free utility called ChaosCrystal when running under Windows 7 Professional. The same approach that worked for me in NT7 with ChaosCrystal does not seem to be as effective in NT8, although it does work for me on the chart that I tested. However, the superDOM and chartTrader seem to suffer from unexpected behaviour.

Hello kh_model,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 8 uses WPF rather than WinForms as in NinjaTrader 7, this may be the reason your other software is not working with NinjaTrader 8. I would recommend checking with the developer of the software.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am starting to work with skins in NT8, and I would like to ask if it is possible to add partial transparency to the superDOM by editing an existing skin.

Today I noticed that I could change many of the background colors in my workspaces and control panel simply by editing a renamed copy of an existing skin in notepad while ninjatrader is not running, and then applying that skin using control panel -> tools -> general -> skin. I was able to achieve that result simply by editing one line of code in the file called "BluePrint.xaml" as follows:

original code:
      <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#FFE6E7E8</Color>

modified code:
      <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#d4d0c8</Color>

Is there a way to define transparency for the above, or perhaps by another approach?

Comment

While trying to answer my own question, I have discovered many hints about setting WPF transparency in XAML via a google search. Here is a link to a thread which may contain the answer, but I will need to try it by editing a skin in NT8 and then observing the result:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-color-in-xaml

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

The link you have posted should work depending on if a Color or SolidColorBrush is being used. For a Color specifically, the most simple approach would likely be to use format that includes opacity: #E5000000

The two starting letters would be the opacity:
          #E5000000
          I did test this on the resource key you noted and do see a transparent color being used upon restarting the platform.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you to NinjaTrader_Jesse and to NinjaTrader_PatrickH for help. By creating a custom skin, and then editing 2 lines of code in the file called BluePrint.xaml I have observed that most of the work is accomplished and I can see the partial transparency when the skin is applied to NT8 (after a program relaunch).

original code:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#FFE6E7E8</Color>

modified code for color only:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#d4d0c8</Color>

modified code with opacity set to 47 percent using a hexadecimal octet specified as 77:
            <Color x:Key="WindowBottomGradientStopColor">#77d4d0c8</Color>

After the steps above, I discovered that another line of code needs to be modified for the tabbed window in superDOM:

original code:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

modified code for color only:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#d4d0c8"/>

modified code with opacity set to 47 percent using a hexadecimal octet specified as 77:
            <SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="TabBackground" Color="#77d4d0c8"/>

Finally, I used the superDOM -> properties -> colors menu to replace the existing colors for "Buy Column Background", "Price Column Background", and "Sell Column Background" with hexadecimal colors so that I could insert the "77" octet in order to achieve the partial transparency effect for those colors.

I found many examples of online resources which can supply the hexadecimal equivalent for common named colors, such as the one for "LightCyan", which I use on the Buy Column Background, or the one for "MistyRose", which I use on the Sell Column Background:

http://www.color-hex.com/color/e0ffff

http://www.color-hex.com/color/ffe4e1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by saeed, Today, 12:32 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
            Started by motog4, Today, 11:42 AM
            3 responses