Advice on building a NinjaTrader 8 PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on building a NinjaTrader 8 PC

I am looking for advice on building a NinjaTrader 8 PC.

I need a machine built for algorithmic trading that has the power to scan/trade all of the stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE during regular trading hours.

Advice on all the standard bits: CPU, RAM, SSD, operating system, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 01-04-2017, 06:08 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we can not make any recommendations to your trading method- including what hardware you should use. Since there's so many different custom add-on's and trading methods that may be used, it also be difficult to recommend specific hardware for each user.

Please see the following links, which are the minimum PC requirements for NinjaTrader 7 and 8.

Please note that this is the minimum specifications required for NinjaTrader to function at all on your PC. Any workspace that would be built would likely require additional resources.

NinjaTrader 7: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

NinjaTrader 8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

I will also leave this thread open for other users to post their thoughts and input.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ArmKnuckle View Post
      I am looking for advice on building a NinjaTrader 8 PC.

I need a machine built for algorithmic trading that has the power to scan/trade all of the stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE during regular trading hours.

Advice on all the standard bits: CPU, RAM, SSD, operating system, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
      What are you using now? Does it no longer function?

How fast is your internet?

Comment

I am using an 8-core 2008 MacPro (2.8 GHz Xeon E5462 x2) with Windows 7 (64-bit). It functions just fine for coding, but I am scaling up my trading in the near future.

My internet connection is 60 Mbps.
        Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 01-04-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Im Using a Laptop, with 4 monitors (Laptop Monitor plus 3 External) I only check the ES but have different charts. My Laptop have:

VideoCard: GTX960m
          Processor: i7 6700hq
          256 SD HDD (When i use for gamming and trading i just connect a external hard drive 2tb)
          16 gb ram

And i dont have any problems with the platform. And im comparing the NT8 and NT7, so i have the double of charts open.

Comment

It really depends what you are doing, but generally you do not need a powerhouse.

I would suggest an i7 of some flavor (nice to have 8 threads available), 16GB memory, SSD. You likely will not need to overclock.

Some may suggest a decent graphics adapter, but I run multiple 4K displays using Intel built in GPU (no adapter).

I still use good old Windows 7, but if using newer processors you need to go to Win10.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sastrades, Today, 09:59 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post sastrades  
            Started by ZeroKuhl, Yesterday, 04:31 PM
            5 responses