Chart Render Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Render Error

Regarding : 2017-01-09 06:51:52:862 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'Upgradeable lock may not be acquired with read lock held.'

I have seen mentions of this error but no solutions. Can i get some input on this.

Thanks

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your post.

The error is generally a result of custom NinjaScript object which in turn may have code that results in threading errors.

Are you seeing this with a specific workspace, chart template, indicator, etc.?
    We would request the log and trace files in these cases and potentially any identified script that could result in this message when used.

You can send in your Log and Trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. You can also attach any files you have identified or screenshots to help illustrate the behavior.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

"Are you seeing this with a specific workspace, chart template, indicator, etc.?"

No - No clue which workspace, Chart or indicator is causing it.

There is nothing in Log and Trace files other than the error. It Randomly occurs on Startup when connecting to the broker feed and to be clear I have no code , dll or otherwise with the capability of directly accessing another thread.

Jerry
      Last edited by JerryWar; 01-09-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Could you please elaborate regarding what type of threading errors you are referring to here? I see this message "ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'Upgradeable lock may not be acquired with read lock held.'" from time to time, usually at startup after connecting the data feed. Restarting the platform almost always results in a successful startup. It does not happen on every machine, and seems to happen more frequently if many charts are opened at once in a workspace.

On the machines in question, there are no references to the keyword "lock" in any custom NinjaScript, so it is not an actual "lock" undertaken by the NinjaScript in question, but must be a reference to something NT8 is doing internally.

For the beta thread http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...gradeable+lock is there a test code available that can be used to diagnose this?
        Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 03-02-2017, 06:09 PM.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Bruce DeVault,

Thank you for your post.

There is no test script that would identify the cause of this message. Each script is different and even though no Lock is used in could there could be a call to an item that generated such a message. You may wish to review the information on multi-threading at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-threading.htm

If you have a script we can review that is generating this message we would be happy to do so.

Comment

Hello there, to add to this .... i have had to work through this from beta and over time these errors seem to clear .... you didnt respond to Jerry's post below from nearly 2 months ago .... and ninja seem to think it is ok to give these ambiguous replies. This way of pointing to the inadequate help pages is just dismissive - do you not think these people have already read this - i have heard numerous instances of people mentioning they read the help and then in the same support ticket in here or through the application help they get pointed back to it. You need to hear yet again this is not helpful. Again to point out other threads in this community and offline have discussed that ninja is not being forthcoming to some of the SharpDX drawing issues ... and people are wasting their time checking their custom scripts which are fine and seem to have become the scapegoat for ninja support.
            thanks

Comment

I can say that I conducted an experiment in which I literally commented out every OnRender in every indicator, and the messages still display, meaning that it is for certain not anything I am doing with SharpDX.

I have some ideas, but they are still only educated guesses because the message itself is not really descriptive of what is happening. It indicates there is a problem with a chart's OnRender function, but that is definitely not the case as I can comment out every OnRender and there is no change in the message. I will continue trying to isolate it, but it is fair to say that it is not actually an OnRender issue in our own NinjaScript because we have proven that methodically.
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thanks for sharing - that has confirmed that over time i have not had to change my onrender coding just keeping in line with the online help and disposing of resources and allocating colours. So this is interesting and in line with the out of context errors we seem to get randomly that it is the underlying infrastructure that is at issue and not the custom scripts - good test !
                thanks

Comment

Thank you all for your reports on this matter.

If possible can you send over your workspace files, and your log and trace files?

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may investigate this matter further.
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                  • Right click on the 'workspaces', 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 3 compressed folders as attachments on your email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to your responses on this matter.

Comment

This issue continues at http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=97057 where I posted a full set of steps to reproduce it consistently. It is a race condition at connection of the data feed.
                    Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thank you, Bruce DeVault.

I will follow up with you on that thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      168 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sidlercom80  
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred