Chart Trader Problem with Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Problem with Stocks

Hello, I'm using Kinetick data feed for stocks and IB as broker.

Whenever I jump from one stock to another it gets stuck for example:

If i go to AAPL I can place an order directly on the chart, I do see the Bid and the Ask price correctly and the ammounts, also the T&S are working fine.

Then I jump to SGNL for example and it shows in the Bid/Ask price the AAPL price, but T&S shows the actual price traded for SGNL of $16.38 right now. So because of that I cannot place orders directly on the chart nor use any of the buttons in the chart trader because whenever i click to place an order it says "You Must select a valid instrument to place an order".

Point to take note of is that even with that bug i can use the "Order Ticket" to place an order in SGNL but not "Basic Entry". How can i fix this problem?

With AAPL all the mentioned above options do work propertly so far.

Sorry if there's any error in the text, English is not my native language.

Regards

I've attached the screenshots of the issue

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeanconsole; 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Can you reproduce this behavior when connected only to Kinetick?

SGNL is not a built-in instrument. Can you send me a screenshot of your SGNL instrument settings?

You can find this by going to Tools > Instruments > Locate and select 'SGNL' > Edit.

Here is an example:

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

I've attached both with NT7 and NT8 SGNL instruments.

Notice, I can submit the order using the buttons in the charttrader with NT7 but not directly on the chart with right click.

EDIT: After that try, i tried to place an order in AAPL, It works with the buttons but not directly on the chart either, BID/ASK do work fine.

EDIT2: Connected IB data first and then kinetick and both seems to work directly on the chart on NT7. But then wich data am i using for NASDAQ? IB data or Kinetick data?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jeanconsole; 01-10-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

in NinjaTrader 7, the order of connection dictates where your data is coming from. Typically the first connection provides all available data. Please see this link for more information on NT7 and multiple connections:

In NT8, you can choose which connection you prefer. Here is a link with more information:

These forums are version-specific and your original inquiry was regarding NinjaTrader 8. What is the behavior in NinjaTrader 8 when only connected to Kinetick? I am primarily interested in the ask/bid behavior when switching instruments on your charts. Is this still an issue?

Are you able to place orders to SGNL and AAPL from within Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation without issue?

Comment

Hello Patrick, yes I'm able to place trades on those instruments with no problem in TWS.

In NT8 yes it has the same bug only using Kinetick swtiching from AAPL to SGNL.

Comment

I have been unable to reproduce any of the behavior that you're reporting.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1637011 ATTN Patrick G

Please also include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post sarafuenonly123