HeikenAshi8 Indi VS HeikenAshi BarType.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeikenAshi8 Indi VS HeikenAshi BarType.

I have found when displaying charts side by side, one using the Heiken Ashi 8 Indicator to produce HA Bars, and the other using the HA bar type built into NT8, and a plain OHLC 15 min chart for a base line to work the calculation off, there are differences.

I am not sure why? I have attached two charts here for you to quickly view. But if you are a HA user this may be of interest to you. I would certainly like to know why there are differences.

Some of the differences are critical as you can see. I have looked over the code of both and can see that it appears the calculations are correct in both. But can't see any reason for the differences?

I have read some earlier posts where others have reported the same thing, they claim closing prices are out of whack.
    I have done some further investigation and found that some of the opens are clearly wrong, this then in turn affects the closes.

Would love it if someone who uses HA and is an advanced coder can take a peek at the code of both and post your findings.

I really need the Bar Type to work correctly as I have other indicators to use that require me to use it. They don't work properly if the HA8 Indicator is used to make the HA Bars.

Appreciate any help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KennyK; 01-10-2017, 06:47 PM.

Even worse on tick bars

I changed the charts to 100 tick bars and the NT8 Heiken Ashi Bar Type is even worse the opens are all wrong.

The NT developers really need to look at this, I think.

And the first open of the new session does it own thing as well.

Comment

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide the link to the HeikenAashi Indicator you are using for NinjaTrader 8?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

HA8 uploaded

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide the link to the HeikenAashi Indicator you are using for NinjaTrader 8?

I look forward to your response.
        Hi Patrick,
        I have uploaded the HeikenAshi8 indicator for you.
        I just want to make something clear, when I did the comparison, I calculated what the Heiken Ashi OHLC should be off the regular 15 min bars. The HeikenAshi8 chart seemed to be correct, but the Heiken Ashi chart produced by the NT8 Heiken Ashi Bar Type was not correct.
        Correct Calcs: haClose = (O+H+L+C) /4.
        haOpen = (Previous haOpen + Previous haClose) /2.
        haHigh = Max(H, haOpen, haClose).
        haLow = Min(L, haOpen, haClose).
        And this shouldn't change at the beginning of each new session, which I noticed NT HA doing. At least it should be an option for the user to select.

Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Patrick?

Hi Patrick, can you have a look at this please?

Comment

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your patience.

It is expected that the difference would occur. The Heiken Ashi BarsType conforms to the TickSize, where as the Indicator does not. In order for the BarsType to be backtested and order submission to be accurate it must be set to the TickSize.

You can find more details at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...HeikenAshiBars

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Further explanation needed.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
              Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your patience.

It is expected that the difference would occur. The Heiken Ashi BarsType conforms to the TickSize, where as the Indicator does not. In order for the BarsType to be backtested and order submission to be accurate it must be set to the TickSize.

You can find more details at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...HeikenAshiBars

Hi Patrick,
              Thanks for the reply.
              I really don't understand what you mean. Especially about "TickSize". My understanding is a tick is a tick. They don't vary in size?
              And does this "TickSize" you are talking about, affect all chart types does it,? Whether tick, minute, daily, kagi, heiken ashi, etc?

Ken.

Comment

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your response.

The Heiken Ashi indicator in NinjaTrader 7 which is what the NinjaTrader 8 indicator for Heiken Ashi is based on does not round to the nearest tick. The BarsType in NinjaTrader 8 does and therefore is the correct value for the HeikenAshi for orders and position information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB