CFD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFD's

I am trying to add CFD's to my customer list and am unsuccessful .

Is there a demo or tutorial somewhere that explains how to this Please ?
    I am using a FXCM demo account and forex pairs are no problem.

Thanks

Hello fredfred123,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Lists. Select your instrument list on the left and click "add" on the right. More information can be found at the link below.

If you click the magnifying glass, it will open a new window with all instruments present by default.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can add to the instrument list but I am adding say sp500 to the list but just getting a blank screen?

Comment

I assume you refer to the @SPX500 with "sp500".

Can you please check what NinjaTrader version you have installed (8.0.x.0). You can view this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

What period type do you have selected in the chart? Do you load the requested data if you create a 1 Minute chart?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Comment

I am on 8.0.3.0 64 bit, I tried loading 1 min time frame, and reloaded historical data.still a blank screen ?

I thinking I'm not setting this correctly also ?

Comment

Thank you for clarifying,

Can you please disconnect FXCM and go to Control Center-->Connections, click "configure". Select your FXCM demo connection in the lower left box. Make sure NinjaTrader historical data server is enabled and click OK. Connect to FXCM again and check if you load the requested data in the chart.

Comment

historical data box is ticked to no avail?

I am selecting new chart/instrument/futures/ES09-16 and data series appears, select ok and then I get a blank screen ?

Comment

fredfred123, thank you for you posting back!

The ES 09-16 is a futures-based instrument which isn't supported for the FXCM demo account. The FXCM demo account connection only supports forex-based instruments. More about what your data provider supports can be found at the link below,

In addition to that, the ES 09-16 is an expired contract so if you're connected to a data provider that supported futures, you wouldn't have the capabilities of viewing that expired contract.

To add to that, we do offer a demo account connection which supports futures products, you may request the NinjaTrader Continuum demo account connection at the following link,

After requesting a demo account connection, you will be sent two emails: one, which you will receive right away with instructions on how to setup the connection and the other, which takes up to 15 minutes to recieve, will have the credentials.

After you setup the demo account connection, to rollover your futures contracts, please take the steps below,
                • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window
                • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section
                • Close this window when this process completes
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_RileyS; 01-11-2017, 12:53 PM.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the info, I will try the demo you you pointed out.

It says on the FXCM demo account

We give you a £50,000 practice account to help you get comfortable trading forex, indices, and commodities, plus a free trading guide.

I am interested in displaying indices to view the DX dollar etc
                  I have the @DOLLAR loaded, thats a good start thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses