Feature Request: Add ReloadHistoricalData() For Chart/Symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Add ReloadHistoricalData() For Chart/Symbol

There is a function call ReloadAllHistoricalData(), which will cause ALL historical data to be reloaded.

Really need access to a new function ReloadHistoricalData(), which would only reload historical data for the chart that it is called on (similar to Ctl-Alt-R). Another option is to allow the instrument to be passed as a parameter to the function call.

This is needed to programmatically update a large number of symbols that only have access to historical data.

Hello aslane,

Thank you for your post.

ReloadAllHistoricalData() should only reload the historical data for the instrument and chart the indicator is applied to. Are you seeing cases where this is not performing as such?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Yes, I think it was causing multiple symbols to load. I do not recall the setup, but likely had multiple tabs with different symbols. Let me play with it and post back

Comment

I was able to try again before market closed, and a single tabbed chart caused data to reload for symbol on chart, and multiple other windows with different symbols also reloaded.

The simple indicator just calls ReloadAllHistoricalData() every N minutes on a timer using TriggerCustomEvent.

Also, it would be ideal to have a function that only requests missing historical data vs a reload all. For example, reload the last 60 min of data each hour, vs reloading ALL data. Perhaps this already exists?

Comment

Hello aslane,

Thank you for your response.

ReloadAllHistoricalData() is only intended to be called in the OnConnectionStatusUpdate method. Calling it outside of this method may have unexpected results. You can find more information at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...oricaldata.htm
          There in no function to reload historical data for only the missing data or a specific range of data.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I saw the doc, but was hoping there was a way to do this. Hence the feature request:

Platform requires a method to request historical update (get missing data) for a symbol/chart. This could be via the menu system (and a hot key) or via NinjaScript.

Comment

Hello aslane,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward your request to development.

Comment

I would like to support aslane in his request that there should be further methods to call historical data for an instrument.

There are various reasons to reload historical data in a strategy running

-> an event where NinjaTrader has been temporarily disconnected
                -> differences between real-time and historical volume data that make it necessary to update volume data from time to time
                -> accessing the daily settlement price in an automated strategy which is never available real-time, but only via historical reload

I am seeing two issues here

(1) Updating all historical data versus missing historical data

There should be an option of refreshing a chart on regular base just to add missing historical data without reloading historical data for the entire chart and all other charts that are open (see request be aslane)

(2) Updating data for the instrument added to the chart with the script calling ReloadAllHistoricalData() should be limited to this instrument and not be applied to all other instruments that can be found on open charts.

Comment

Hello,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1869. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Comment

Hello, I wish vote for this feature SFT-1869.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CactusMan  
                    Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes