Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth upgrade from NT7?

Hey everyone,

I'm still on NT7 and while it's running okay, I do want to get on the latest version in hopes that some of the NT7 bugs will be fixed (OCO orders that you can't cancel, NT7 console won't shut down on close, weird market replay issues, etc.).

Now that NT8 has been out a few months, what's the verdict from NT7 users? Was it worth the upgrade?

Thanks for your input!

Lots of errors. NT8 will be better once it gets sorted, but for now don't waste your time.

Comment

Ah, appreciate the honest feedback. I'll just hold off then.
      I also didn't see the caveat until just now that none of my custom indicators will convert so that's a non starter as well.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by PN720 View Post
        Hey everyone,

I'm still on NT7 and while it's running okay, I do want to get on the latest version in hopes that some of the NT7 bugs will be fixed (OCO orders that you can't cancel, NT7 console won't shut down on close, weird market replay issues, etc.).

Now that NT8 has been out a few months, what's the verdict from NT7 users? Was it worth the upgrade?
        OCO orders: never needed so can't comment in NT7 or NT8.
        NT7 console won't shutdown on close? -- I don't think I've experienced that... at least not within the last several years.
        Weird Market Replay issues? - no idea what is 'weird' about it - other than 500x will slow to a crawl and consume memory with many trades.

Do you have custom indicators in NT7 that you depend on? You should see if they are available in NT8 before thinking of converting.

NT8 playback Market Replay has a MAX setting, so no more waiting around.

Comment

NT8 Upgrade?

I have both NT7 and NT8 installed separately so you can run either one.

I thought I might go back to NT7 but never looked back. NT8 is definitely running quicker generally but response times to actions sold me.

In several months I have only had a couple of hangs and had to restart. But on every occasion I had brought up I.E. and was attempting to access email or something of that sort. If I just let it run dedicated I can leave a trade in all night or all day with no problems.

One Note: I just trade price action on the fly and do NOT use any scripting so I cannot speak to that.

Overall I would recommend you downloading and playing with it like I did and I think you will love it.

Comment

I'm a new Ninjatrader 8 user, so I've never used 7. I had some annoying crashes using workspaces, IQFeed disconections, etc...

Feature wise looks very promising to me, although I don't know how it compares to NT 7.

Overall, NT 8 doens't look like production ready to me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB