Daily Charts Not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Charts Not Updating

I trade Forex and noticed that Eur/Gbp daily chart does not match up with the current price. There is over 100 pip difference in current price to the price that is on the daily chart. I have checked this on 2 different pc's one using windows 7 and the other pc has windows 10. As i am writing this I actually checked other Forex pairs and now see their daily charts are not updating either.

Hello FXMIKE,

Can you please check the items at the link below which can explain why the chart does not receive realtime data.

Do you receive realtime data if you select the EURGBP in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes the control center receives live updates. I am using FXCM data and I also can reproduce this using Ninjatrader 8.0.3.1 and booted up in safe mode or normal mode. I have also tried a demo data from FXCM and this still happens. All minute based charts are working as they should just not the daily charts.

Comment

I receive realtime data in daily charts without issue when I test FXCM in NinjaTrader 8.0.3.1. Does it make a difference if you create a new chart without a chart template?

What happens if you window link a minute chart to the daily chart? You can window link charts by assigning the same color for the window link button in the upper right corner of the chart.

Could it be your PC clock is set to an incorrect date?

Comment

I checked my daily charts after I sent the post this morning and they were working this morning. My pc clock is set correctly for my time zone. Does Ninjatrader have it's own clock setting?

Comment

Good to hear you receive realtime data in daily charts.

Yes, you can setup a time zone at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General.

Comment

I noticed again no new candle on the daily chart and price has stopped moving on the daily chart. Suspect like on Monday it will start to work after 12:00 A.M. eastern time. This is occurring on 2 different pc's. I do not look at daily charts that often so I am not sure if this has been happening everyday or just Sunday night and tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FXMIKE View Post
                I noticed again no new candle on the daily chart and price has stopped moving on the daily chart. Suspect like on Monday it will start to work after 12:00 A.M. eastern time. This is occurring on 2 different pc's. I do not look at daily charts that often so I am not sure if this has been happening everyday or just Sunday night and tonight.
                Hello FXMIKE

Have a read of this thread to see if it describes what is happening to you:

There is a definite problem with daily charts not updating in real time if you use FXCM servers to provide historical data in lieu of NinjaTrader servers.
                If you use NinjaTrader servers to provide the historical data the daily charts do seem to update correctly in real time but then you have to face the issue of large gaps in the historical data.
                In both cases above the live data comes from FXCM but for reasons unknown the realtime behaviour of daily charts is affected by the choice of the historical data source

Comment

FXMIKE, can you please check if you have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' disabled in your FXCM connection. Go to Control Center-->Connections and click "configure". Select your FXCM connection in the lower left box and check if 'NinjaTrader historical data server' is enabled. If not, please do so and click OK. Disconnect/reconnect FXCM and check if you receive realtime data in the daily chart.

Comment

Daily charts still not updating using FXCM data between 5:00 p.m. eastern time and 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Version 8.0.4.0

Comment

Originally posted by FXMIKE View Post
                      Daily charts still not updating using FXCM data between 5:00 p.m. eastern time and 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Version 8.0.4.0

Initially checked a few FX pairs using only FXCM data (no data from NT servers) at 7pm Eastern and found that the daily charts did not live update.

I then reloaded all historical data and they then started to live update!

I then shut down NinjaTrader and restarted and once again the daily charts would not live update when the FXCM data was connected. The action of reloading all historical data would cause the charts to live update again!

Comment

Hello FXMike,
                        Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                        Please reference the following in the email body:ATTN RyanM

Comment

I have sent the log and trace files multiple times. Daily charts do not update between 5:00 p.m. eastern time and 11:59 p.m. Eastern time using FXCM data every trader that uses FXCM that I know is having the same issue please test this on your end. If I use kinetic the daily chart work fine. This is true for all Forex pairs. Yo can open up chart trader on a daily chart look at the bid an ask and clearly see the daily bar is not at or near the bid and ask on any currency pair that has moved since the close at 5:00 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
                            Initially checked a few FX pairs using only FXCM data (no data from NT servers) at 7pm Eastern and found that the daily charts did not live update.

I then reloaded all historical data and they then started to live update!

I then shut down NinjaTrader and restarted and once again the daily charts would not live update when the FXCM data was connected. The action of reloading all historical data would cause the charts to live update again!

Further to my earlier posting I have just loaded 15 FX daily charts and can confirm that none of them were initially live updating at 2am US Eastern time (I run my PC on US Eastern). Basically none of the charts responded when the FXCM data service was first connected.

However the act of reloading all historical data on each chart caused them to begin live updating. I am not sure if my issue is identical to FXMIKE's but there is certainly still an issue with daily charts driven by FXCM only data.

Comment

FMtrader,

Will you check your charts on Sunday or Monday evening after 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. You will find that if you reload historical data charts wont update unless it's sometime after 11:59 p.m.. When i wake up and check my pc at 5:00 a.m. the daily chart work until 5:00.p.m. then they stop updating.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sam2515