Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incomplete shutdown

Hi

On a couple of occasions I have noticed that NT will not close correctly. The control center window and most of the charts will close but sometimes one chart is left open.

Even if I wait 2 minutes for it to close on its own, the chart will remain open as you can see in the image. The NT icon is visible in the Task Manager window and as an icon in the Windows Taskbar.

The only way to close NT is by ending the task in the Task Manager window.

This is not a major issue but I figured I would bring it to NT's attention.

I checked the log files and there are no errors or messages at all.

I checked the trace file and I noticed that after the last command of "Shutting down UI threads" it didn't have a line saying "Session end" as it usually does.
    Attached Files

Hello timbrown99,

Thank you for reporting.

Do you notice any consistency between the occurrences so far or does it happen randomly?

Can you please check what version you have installed (8.0.x.x). You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

When did you experience the issue the first time? Were there any changes in NinjaTrader or on your computer that day?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

The only other time it happened was a month ago on another PC but again in that case the memory usage was very high.

I have version 8.0.3 but I had upgraded from version 8.0.2 earlier in the day

Comment

Can you clarify - did this occur with the newest version installed (8.0.3.1)?

Do you have custom add-ons loaded in any windows in open workspaces when this occurs?

Comment

Hi Patrick

I apologize - I got my PCs mixed up.

This incident occurred on my main PC and for that I have been using version 8.03.1 for a week so yes it occurred on that version.

I did have a custom range profile tool on the unclosed chart which uses up a lot of memory on the daily charts which is why the RAM was so high.

Comment

When the issue occurred a month ago, did you have the same custom range profile tool applied in the chart?

Was there anything different in NinjaTrader or on the main PC when the issue occurred this week?

Comment

To be honest, I can't remember but I would say the profile tool was almost certainly on my charts at the time as it always is.

I actually noticed it a couple more times today but this time the chart only remained open for a couple of seconds after the control center window had closed. Again, I had the profile tool on the chart so it might be the indicator that is causing the problem.

Comment

Do you experience the issue if you shut down NinjaTrader without having a chart opened that contains this profile tool?

Comment

No I don't but as I stated earlier I rarely have NT open without the profile tool running so I've only ever had NT running without the tool maybe a few times at most.

The only thing I notice when this happens is the memory is usually very high because of the number of resource intensive indicators I have on the charts - such as the profile tool.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I suggest to close a workspace or chart so less memory is used and check if NinjaTrader shuts down properly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post yertle
                    by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    2 responses