P&F newb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&F newb help

Hi I am new to NT8 and am trying to view Point & Figure charts. I can't seem to get them working properly for whatever reason, I just see a bar chart still after making the change in the Data Series window (see attached). Surely it's my fault it's not working? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello epeace,

Thank you for your post.

Open the Data Series window by right clicking within the chart and selecting Data Series.
    Under Type, select Point and Figure from the drop down menu.
    Set the rest of your chart parameters, and make sure to click OK.

If your chart has still not updated to the point and figure (X and O) style of bars, please let me know and I will continue to troubleshoot.

Comment

Hi Yes, I of course had hit "OK". You can see in my screenie that the P&F icon is displayed in the top. However, as you can see, it's still showing bars. Thanks for your help.

EP

Comment

Hello epeace,

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for not noticing the Point and Figure icon in your screen shot.

It looks like your chart style is set to point and figure, but your interval is still set to Daily. Please reopen your data series window and change your Type (Under Data Series category) parameter to Point and Figure. Your Chart style parameter should already be set to Point and Figure.

I have included a screen shot for better clarification.

If I may assist further please let me know.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the P&F option under data series type. I had not seen it before. Unfortunately, changing that option has not made a significant difference, as I'm still seeing bars. I wish I could post a screenie of my settings but the forum here is not coming up for me on either of my laptops. One mac and one pc, trying chrome, Firefox, and safari on both machines. they all redirect to a NT 404 message. I am writing this message on my android, the only place, oddly, that I can access this post. I will continue to try.

EDIT: Thanks to Dropbox, I was able to get some screenies over to my phone
          Attached Files
          Last edited by epeace; 01-17-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Hello epeace,

Thank you for your reply. I am able to reproduce what you are describing on my end. I can see that although Point and Figure is selected for both the Type and Chart style, the chart still appears to have bars.

Upon further inspection, if you expand the chart you will eventually see the X's and O's in place of the bars. To quickly expand along the x-axis, please click and hold beneath the x-axis and move your mouse to the left.

I have provided a relevant section of the help guide:

If you would like, I can submit a feature request to improve the display of the Point and Figure chart as you compress the chart window.

If I may be of further assistance please let me know.

Comment

Hi Micah,

That was it exactly. Thank you. And absolutely, this should be fixed. But, I'm satisfied with the adjusted look of it. If only we could see the box grid rather than a time grid (with price values corresponding to boxes) we'd really be in business. But this should do for what I'm trying to accomplish, if I can find success in the next step, importing data from a text file to generate my own charts!

Thanks again.

Ps. the 404 message was due to my VPN somehow, I discovered. I turned the VPN off and the forum loads fine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello epeace,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 1644672

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to reach out to our support team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin