Playback error in 8.0.3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback error in 8.0.3.1

Just Reinstalled 8.0.3.1 and started up Playback. I moved the slider twice and then got this error.

2017-01-16 14:16:19:028 ERROR: Data.Bars.Load7: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\JerryWar\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\Nymex Metals - Energy ETH.Eastern Standard Time\TICK\CL 02-17\Tick_6860_1_Last_Close_Tick_Minute_1.Last.ntb' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.Load()

This most commonly occurs because of another program attempting to access your NinjaTrader files, or a particular setting within NinjaTrader.

First, please check any virus protection, firewall, and backup software you may be running and add exceptions for NinjaTrader so that they do not interfere with NinjaTrader's operation.

Next, look into the Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Ensure that EITHER 'get data from server' OR 'Record live data as historical' is enabled, but not both.

Finally, clear your cache and test. To delete the cache, follow the steps below.

Shut down NinjaTrader.
    Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
    Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
    Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

Anti-virus exclusions have been in place for a long time. I checked and they are still there. It is not my firewall on Playback. Nor is backup software running.

I don't record Historical data.

Delete the Cache ? give me a break, I just installed 8.0.3.1 and this was the first thing I did.

Comment

Based on your response, I am unsure of what steps you've taken in my troubleshooting recommendations.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1644802 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post tkaboris  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        1 response
        1 like