Every Rollover I have data Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Rollover I have data Problems

Today I am trying to create a CL 03-17 chart. In Ninja I am set to "Do Not Merge"
    When I create a chart it loads CL 02-17 data and then real time data Jumps up to CL 03-17
    why can't I load CL 03-17 history data from Ninja Continuum ?

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your post,

To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

* Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.
    * Reset your instruments: Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window, left-click to expand the ‘Update instrument lists’ section, ensure ‘Predefined instrument lists’ is checked, then left-click the Update button that appears just to the right of the two options in this section.
    * Restart NinjaTrader.

Let me know if you see the same after taking these steps.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That didn't help at all, Besides I just installed this version 8.0.3.1 yesterday.
      See attached. Every Rollover it is the same thing. I have been complaining about this since this summer. Why hasn't it been fixed ?

Create a Chart CL 03-17 with 3 days 49 tick data.
      Chart basically looks ok.
      Now Go into chart datastream and change days back to 6 days to get back before weekend
      Now all CL 3-17 data goes away except for incoming data.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JerryWar; 01-17-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your reply, sorry to hear that didn't' help.

For us to be able to look into and resolve these issues, we would need to test and reproduce on our end. Since you mentioned having reported this behavior previously, I suggest following up with those Support cases so ongoing issues can be resolved quickly.

Can you post a link to these past instances or the ticket number? What was done to resolve the issues last time?

I notice you are loading some custom items, can you please let me know if you see the same when launched in Safe Mode?

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
        2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
        3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

Try opening up a new chart via the New menu. Make sure, when opening the chart, to select <None> from the top right "Load the following chart template" drop down menu.

See the below section of our help guide for more on using third-party add-ons.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ty_add-ons.htm

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Read my updated last post to reproduce

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for the additional steps,

Can you please go to Tools > Instruments > Search "CL" and double click on Crude Oil Futures.

What is set for the Merge policy here? If a policy is selected, switch to "Use Global Settings" > Press OK and test to see if you see the same behavior.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

In my first post I told you I was set to "Do Not Merge" as I want only CL 03-17 data on the chart.
              I will perform your steps and report back.

Comment

JerryWar,

There are two locations where the Merge Policy is set, Tools > Options > Market Data > Global Merge policy, and within the Instrument itself as outlined in my last response.

Where had you initally set the Merge Policy to DoNotMerge?

Comment

Under Instruments It is set to Use Global settings.
                  I selected "Do Not Merge" and the data Looks correct. So it looks like under tool>Options>Market data where I have "Do Not Merge" set for all instruments ( I assume this is the global Setting you refer too ) It is being ignored.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for confirming the Merge Policy settings.

Were you able to test this in Safe Mode and without custom items? (see post #4)

Comment

There are no custom settings I tested this in normal mode on a blank chart.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

To clarify, I would like you to test this in Safe Mode, I am currently not able to replicate the issue.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 01-17-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

It does not do it in Safe Mode.

Comment

I appreciate you testing that. Because it does not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding indicators or custom add-ons back individually while testing the 03-17 charts to see what is causing the behavior with the Merge Policy.

See the below section of our help guide for more on using third-party add-ons.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ty_add-ons.htm

Comment

It is not my work space.
                              It is not my indicators.
                              Had you done any reasonable testing you would of determined, what I in fact I had to find for myself, that it is your own Ninja Commands. You guys always dump all this back on the Users which is totally unfair especially given the precarious state of NT8. In Stead of simply saying " I can't replicate this, why don't you try thinking about what commands could interfere with this and try testing those things. But no dump it back on the Users.

I am really becoming very weary of being your free debugging support.

Respectfully
                              Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses