Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your reply,

I understand this can be a frustrating situation. However, launching in Safe Mode isolates your custom items and workspaces and creates a clean testing environment. If NinjaTrader works fine when these items are not in use, then the next steps in identifying the cause is process of elimination.

You mentioned having experienced this issue for a while, yet other user are not seeing the same, nor am I or other Support team members. This further indicates that the issue is isolated to custom items or workspace on your end. The only way you will find a resolution is by testing.

I encourage you to review the Help Guide article from my last response as "Standard features fail to work as designed" can be a symptom of faulty custom addons.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What is frustrating is that every time I find a Bug ( which this is ) you guys want me to do your work.

"Faulty custom addons", How about faulty NT 8 Built-in Commands.

"Others don't have this problem", That's your proof no problem exists. Maybe others don't know they have this problem and don't understand why their automated scripts screw up when it happens.

I presented you with clear evidence of a problem in NT8 and what I get is the issue dumped back on me.

My Question to you is, I figured it out, Why can't you ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

To clarify, I was not saying that the problem does not exist; only that it does not seem to be affecting any other users.

May I confirm, was this an issue with a custom item, or were you able to recreate the issue within Safe Mode as well?

If so, could you please provide me with steps?

Can you also link me to the forum post or give me the ticket number where you have reported this previously?

We're happy to work with you on these items, which we have done previously, yet if this is a creation of a vendor, there's not much we can do to rectify the issue when their products are in use.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Please Read Carefully, This is a Problem with an NT8 command. I posted a script file created by YOUR wizard with only ONE command added to what is otherwise a blank indicator to demonstrate the issue and you clearly have not tested it. You continually refer to it as a custom item Not only is that a problem but it points out a Huge gap in your development Regression testing because they obviously have not tested for this. They have a standard set of Builtin indicators which I am sure they test against, Those would be the ones that show up in Safe mode but none of them include this command. The old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can close this post, I have my work around. My only reason for continuing was to demonstrate the problem, which I did.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

I do plan on reporting this to our Development team, thank you for clarifying.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

I imported your indicator and am unable to replicate the issue you are having.

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to platformsupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 01-19-2017, 10:23 AM.
              Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alan
                Of course you can't see it now with the sequence of charts I posted. I mentioned this months ago in my forum posts Hence, the Subject message, I see it every month right before Rollover when I am setting up to trade a New Front month and also screws up merge policies and indicators based on Historical data as they pass over the old front month to new front month. CL 03-17 has now become the front month. So To see it now you must put the indicator on CL 03-17 and open a CL 04-17 chart and you will see the data gap from CL 03- 17 data to real time only data for CL 04-17.

Note the following.
                Since the CL data should be set to "Use global settings" and under market data you should have "Do not merge" there should be no CL 03-17 data on the CL 04-17 chart only CL 04-17 data. But the command in the indicator some how screws with the "Use global settings" when it should not. I have re verified this for CL 03-17 to CL 04-17. If you want to call for further explanation tomorrow I will send you a number.
                Last edited by JerryWar; 01-18-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                1 response
                1 like
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post VFI26