Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trading algorithum

Hi Everyone

I would like to know if it is possible to have my own algorithm written for use with NT8? I do not own it yet but I plan to purchase a multiple broker key in the future. If it is possible to have a algo written for NT8 what language would it need to be in? If it is not possible how would I create something to see supply and demand value areas?

TIA

NewTraderMentor.com a.k.a power broker

NinjaTrader uses C#

Comment

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the response.

So the C# language is what I would need to have the algo written in order for it to work on NT8? I am a S&D trader and I want to have an algo built to automate my rule based trading plan. The metrics of what I need to have in the algo are complex to say the least. Can C# handle this? I am not a computer guy so any help in understanding what I want to do would be much appreciated

TIA

PB.

Comment

Hello Power Broker,

Thanks for your post.

As member JerryWar advised Ninjatrader does use and is based on C# programming language and .Net4.5.

If you are creating strategies you can write them directly in Ninjascript (which are methods and properties based on C# or can use the Stratgey builder which provide a nonprogramming interface. The Strategy builder then creates the C# code for you which is ultimately compiled in NinjaTrader for the fastest execution.

If you are creating indicators, these would be created directly in Ninjascript.

If you need someone to create these for you we can also point you to 3rd party coders.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul

Thanks for the input here. What I need the strategy to do is very complex and I am not a coder by any stretch. LOL

I can describe and give directions in plain English of what the metrics are and how I need the algo to work, is that something your coders would be able to help me out with? I have been using NT since I began trading and love it although have not been using it lately and do not own it yet. I plan to purchase NT8 when I am ready and would like to have an algo written right away once I own it. Meantime I can be writing up the metrics for the algo and what exactly I need it to do.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

PB

Comment

Hello PB,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in NinjaTrader! This is Ryan L. from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below to assist with any custom NinjaScript work.. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes