Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close P&L in simulation mode

Hi,

It appears as though all my P&L figures for a closed trade have doubled (this is in sim mode). With the trade open, the P&L calculations are correct but when the trade closes the number added to closed P&L is doubled (both positive and negative results), i.e. a 1 tick profit on 1 ES contract shows 12.50 open P&L but adds $25.00 to closed P&L once the exit is filled.

I haven't checked all the instruments but ES, CL and 6E are all exhibiting this behavior. Since the open P&L is correct and the fact that this is consistent over several instruments would seem to point away from it being a wrong setting in the instruments.

I don't use sim very much so I can't say exactly when this behavior started. My only recent change to the environment was to install the new release.

Hello ScottB,

Thanks for writing in today.

I am seeing 12.50 register as closed P&L on the Accounts tab of my Control Center after submitting an ATM with a 1 tick profit target on the ES 03-17.

After resetting the simulation account, do you see the same?

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    Press the "Reset" button
    Could you show me a picture of your Accounts tab after you have tested with the simulation account reset?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to assisting you further.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim,

I will send you the screenshots later in the day, once I am finished trading.

Comment

Jim,

There wasn't anything to see anywhere. I checked the logs, the trace, the accounts, everything. Nothing out of the ordinary at all (I have used NinjaTrader almost since it first came out and have been through enough of these things to know basically what you are looking for).

This doesn't affect me in any way beyond having to divide the P&L by 2, which even after a long day of trading isn't an onerous task. At some point, I imagine someone else will come across this and possibly have more to show to point you guys in the right direction.

Thanks,
        Scott

Comment

Hello ScottB,

Thanks for writing back.

We value the input from our senior members in diagnosing any issue. If you happen to come across this matter again, please don't hesitate to re-open this thread or open a new one if enough time has passed.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You are quite welcome. If I get any sort of indication as to what is involved, I will get back to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes